Issue #52: Drinking Games [Part One]...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

Trevor had no idea he was going to die that night. He had gotten plastered and drove out to the campgrounds where his brother and friends were hanging out.

They were telling ghost stories, and so to lighten the mood, he chucked the glass bottle at a tree. It shattered into a thousand pieces. The girls screamed.

He laughed, leaning against the truck drunkenly. “You should have seen your faces.”

“What the hell, Trevor that’s not funny man.” Chris looked at him annoyed,

“To you.” Trevor cackled.

“Yo—did you drive out here man?”  His brother, Ray, asked

Drunken Trevor stared at his brother, “Aah please,” He whined annoyed, “Look why don’t you take my phone—take my phone okay? Call dad—and bust me…why dontcha—”

“No, I’m just saying…your wasted.”

“Blah bla bla…I heard ya…what was that?” He looked around  in the woods. Only crickets were heard in the night. Chris and his friends looked around wearily.

“Why don’t you sit down—”

“Ssh! Don’t you hear that?” Trevor looked around.

 “There’s nothing there, now let’s just sit down and  we’ll all just—“

Trevor’s eyes widened in fear at what he saw, “What the --you gotta run—you gotta!” He turned and began to run, weaving drunkenly around in the forest.

There was a scream…and by the time his brother got to him, he was dead., his insides and the fluff of his orange vest spilling out into the ground.

**

Can’t get it out of my head…

                   Miss, her Kiss her,

Wrong move your dead,

             That girl is poison…..

Poison….

Poison by Bell Biv Devoe played throughout the older antique vehicle. The car door was flung open, then white retro sneakers got out of the vehicle, then a scrawny boy with aviator glasses stepped out of the car.

There were a couple of women talking out on the deck when he stepped up there,his shoes creaking softly against the floor.

“Ladies.”

The darker skin girl from the campground looked at him and giggled at his appearance, “What do you want top gun?”

He took out his wallet, “For starters, I’d like a little respect.”

The blonde girls eyes widened, “Oh…sorry officer, we didn’t realize.”

“Alls forgiven, take a seat.”  Garth said, taking off his sunglasses, “Tell me about Trevor McAnn, other than he died at Widows Peak.”

“Okay, alright.” The one said and then they both began babbling at the same time.

All he caught was them saying something about someone being drunk.

"Whoa,” He said and they were both silenced. “You go,” He pointed at the dark skinned woman

“It was Jenny Greentree.” She declared.

“Shut up,” The blonde declared,  “She’s just a legend.”

“Whoa, hold up who?”

“Jenny Greentree. My dad said she really died in the woods, and she’s buried in the town cemetery.”