Issue #43 Closer...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

He did not promise to zap me to Sam and Dean, but I had been able to convince him to take me to Ohio. I had to drive home first though, and that was a bit awkward with Breanna sitting in the passenger seat.

“You’re just gonna ditch me!?” She cried. “After all we’ve been through that’s it?”

“This isn’t your fight kay? It never was, it was just me dumping all of my problems on you so I didn’t have to deal with them alone. And I’m sorry for that.”

“Well I’m not sorry.” Breanna snapped, “Well I'm already part of the situation now. There's no going back, and it's not a bad thing that you told me. I’m your best friend, I’m not letting you do this on your own, so I’m going, whether you like it or not. We’ve already gotten this far together. Besides,” She said smugly, “you  couldn’t get rid of me even if you hit me with a radio.”

A part of me smirked, “Well I can try can’t I?”

That’s one of the things that made Breanna my best friend. She would go through anything with me. But she had done so much for me. I could only hope one day I could return the favor. That’s why I was so reluctant to let her come.

We pulled into my drive, the scent of pine trees and apples filling the air. I got out and saw Mom and Dad were home, which it wasn’t that surprising since it was so late at night. Breanna was mad at me giving her the silent treatment, I hadn’t actually said she could come.

They were sleeping side by side on the couch, we had rearranged it so it would be in front of the TV. They looked happy when they were sleeping.

When I had walked into my room she was laying on my bed, texting. I grabbed a back pack I had laying on the carpet and chucked it at her.

“Pack it.” I replied, “You’re going to need it for tonight.”

 She smiled, “You’re really letting me come!?”

 I rolled my eyes, “I drag you into everything else don’t I?”

I packed and it took about an hour to gather everything. I warned him that this was going to be a night trip. He understood. I wanted to come back here to get a chance to say goodbye, perhaps not goodbye—that would led to questions, but perhaps I love you or something along those lines before I went back to Sam and Dean. I would be unable to do that to my sisters because neither of them lived right nearby. But I would text them or call them before I departed.

 Breanna slung her backpack over her shoulder. “All right shouldn’t he be here tonight?”

  I picked up my pack, the daemon stirring inside me with uneasiness. “Yea, where is he?”

 “Right here Pigeon,” Isis began to growl at the sudden appearance of Balthazar. “I was doing some casual insurance. Although you do plan on ditching them I thought it would be nice if I made sure your parents wouldn’t wake while we were gone.” I refrained from cringing at the word “ditch” it seemed a bit harsh. They would be alright without me anyways.

 “What did you do?” Breanna asked accusingly.

 “You made them go into a deep trance right? I heard about angels doing that to other people.” I asked. He nodded in return. I grabbed his shoulder.

 “Ok, let’s go.”

 He nodded and grabbed Breanna. She jumped and nearly screamed when we were zapped. It was like being thrown into a rollercoaster times twenty; your stomach turned, your heart faltered, and you nearly peed yourself from the experience.

 We were back in Ohio, another step towards the Knife of Faint.