How it Came to be [Part Two]...A Supernatural TLN Sequel

I do not own Supernatural...this story is for entertainment purposes only. Thanks and Enjoy. ;D

*************************************************************

            Castiel sat at a small square table alone. My eyes softened, even though he had broken the word of God I still felt horrible for him. He seemed so sad, like a child that none of the other kids wanted to play with.

            “You do realize you just broke God’s word.” Dean said to Cas as I sat down at the table across from him. Dean was still standing.

            Castiel didn’t answer, he only switched his gaze from the window to Dean, then to me. Ashamed Castiel went back to staring out the window. I took Dean’s wrist and gently pulled him towards me. He got the idea and sat down next to me.

            Castiel was still acting strange; something told me he would never be the same. “It’s Sam’s thing isn’t it?” Dean asked, talking about Sam’s hallucinations. “You’re uh, taking on his Cage-match scars and I’m guessing that’s what broke your bank huh?”

I scoffed, “Well that’s a blunt way to put it, Dean.”

            “Well, it took everything for me to get here.” Cas said simply.

            “What are you talking about, man?” Dean asked, getting upset.

            Castiel began, “Dean, I know you want different answers—”

            “—No, what I want you to button up your coat and help us take down Leviathans.” Dean said frustrated.

            The angel was quiet, staring back from Dean to me. “Do you remember what you did?” Dean asked.

            In response Cas looked at the pile of games next to him and picked up one game turning it towards us so we could see. The game was “Sorry.”

            Castiel shook the box and suddenly the whole game was on the table, already set up. There were three game piece colors, blue, red and green.

            “Do you want to go first?” He asked Dean.

***************************************************

            Meg retorted with a laugh at Kevin’s predicament, “Oh man,”

Kevin was sitting on Castiel’s bed, clutching the word of God, “Look all I know is…this is…it’s for me.” Breanna watched him curiously as he looked at the backpack it was still hidden in. “All I know is I have to keep it.”

            “Good luck with that,” Meg scoffed.

            Sam watched his reaction, he was certain the teen was telling the truth, “But you don’t know what it is?” Kevin shook his head in answer.

            “Open it.” Sam said, motioning to the backpack. Kevin’s almond eyes softened as his grip on the bag loosened and he unzipped the brown khaki bag. His hands folded inside and he took out the pieces of the tablet, the word of God. He stared at it, looking at them as if they were puzzle pieces and he put two of the broken pieces together. The tablet glowed at the broken seams and resealed itself.  Breanna gasped in shock, shaking her head in dismay. If that is what he could do, what else was possible?

***********************************************

Sorry…a word I don’t say often and also a game I suck at. I gave up after the first few tries, allowing Dean to play against the mentally broken angel.