Issue #54: Hunter's Wake [Part One]...a Supernatural TLN Sequel

Authors Reminder...I do not own Supernatural, although I wish I did because that would be awesome. Enjoy!

It was dusk and shadows cast across the antique car. Dorito bags and taco wrappers were strung across the hood of the car. The weather was nice out. So we had decided to eat by the car. We had been clustered inside the car for a few hours now, and it was time to stretch our legs.

“Man, the one thing that our nation never fails to disappoint at…” Dean said while crunching down on his taco.

“Food…” I finished, eating my burrito, it was cheesey, it was bacon-ey. It was delicious. My mouth watered, the daemon inside me becoming restless as her instincts took over. There wasn’t much holding her back from wolfing out right there to tear apart my burrito to bits. We were driving around and couldn’t find a good place for lunch, so we ended up eating a ridiculously late meal.

“Jesus Hope, don’t “wolf” down your food.” Dean said and I stopped loving my burrito to shoot him a look. Isis whined until I gave her a piece of burrito, she had the luxury of “wolfing” it down. Unlike me.

Some men could be so rude, “Dean, that’s really not funny,” I glared.

“Well I guess we know that she gets angry when she’s hungry,” Sam chuckled, quoting a candy bar commercial.

“Should we give her a snickers bar?” Breanna asked with a grin.

I glared at her and decided, “See if I ever get you food again Breanna, I bought your meal! Next time you’ll be dumpster diving for burgers or pie.”

“I’ll get her a burger next round.” Dean said and Breanna cheered. I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly the cell phone rang, I sighed, couldn’t we just enjoy a meal in peace?

The daemon answered for me, No. I rolled my eyes, That was a rhetorical question Fangs, but thanks for your input, seems like you only tell me something when its important.

“Annie,” Dean said on the end of the line, setting his taco aside, “What a nice surprise, how’s it going?”

I could not help but listen in, out of curiousity, “Well,” I heard the female voice on the other end of the line, “I’m still kicking—so good, I guess.” She was a bit sarcastic before her voice turned grave, “I heard about Bobby,”

Dean’s face fell and I wanted to comfort him. I set my burrito aside and rested my hand on his shoulder, just to let him know I was there.

If we weren’t on the run from Leviathans, if I didn’t have to worry about going wolf at the worst possible moments, and if I didn’t have to worry about being hunted myself everyday…I might have said I loved this life, these people.

Unfortunately those were big “ifs,” and I now had to comfort Dean with his loss of Bobby. So I would have to take time to love my life later, not in the present.

“I’m sorry,” Annie said, for the loss of Bobby, not my loss of a normal life.

“Yeah well us too, so what’s up?”

“Well, I’ve got some of his old books, and thought maybe you’d want em.” The thing about Bobby was, if he had any books on anything, you knew they were useful in some shape or form.

“Sure where are you at?”

“Bodega Bay, at the Crows Nest Inn.”

“You working?”

“Always, you guys anywhere nearby?”

 “Near enough.” He said.

“Cool, you guys wanna meet at the pier front restaurant, lunch?”