|91|

The Blue Ivy Effect

December 16, 2016

Armani (POV)

It was a snowing mess here in Atlanta and the cold was never my cup of tea so I made myself a little pallet by the fire place, and snuggled up next to it. I just taking in the wild flames that danced on top of the wood.

August and Kali had left a little while ago to go get last minute baby stuff, since I was already overdue on having my little one.

While admiring the fire and absorbing the warmth, my phone began to ring on the mantel. I sighed heavily as I stood to grab it, but quickly answered when I seen who it was.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Four rings? Outta breath? You muss' be cheatin'."

"August-,"

"And you got dat' nigga around my son?!"

I just want to smack him one good time, just one good time.

"August why do you insist on provokin' me?"

His laughter filled my ear before he finally got serious,"I kid bae, but did I already buy Lion King or did I only get Pocahontas and da' otha' movies?"

"You got it, but you fa'got ta' get da' second one." I told him.

"Word,"He gasped,"How could I fa'get my nigga Kovu, you know dat's really me in Lion form."

"Goodbye August." I chuckled.

"Luh' you!" He yelled before I could hang up.

"Luh' you too."

The baby was due any day now, and August wanted to rack up on all the classics before he got here- and I agreed with him. These new shows they show are basically trash and aren't even enjoyable to watch. It's like they take horrible actors throw them a terrible script and call it a show. There's no meaning in these wanna be hall of fame shows. They truly serve no purpose.

I rubbed small circles on my belly that resembled the look of a swollen blueberry. Feels like he's been inside of me for forever now. I remember the second I found out I was carrying him, that whole moment changed my life- had it not been for him I wouldn't have fought as hard as I did to stay alive, I would have gladly died knowing that Kali gotten away and was safe, but on that day my son saved me; my unborn son saved me. I grabbed the blanket that I'd previously had and wrapped back up taking my position back in front of the fire place continuing my gaze on the red and orange strands of silk.

"Hey little one, you up?"

After a minute or so I received a small kick from him, a gentle gesture he usually does upon hearing my voice.

I smiled and let out a soft chuckle at my growing angel.

"You are so loved Emil, so so loved. From the moment your Uncle revealed you ta' me, you have been loved,"I paused because all the thoughts and ideas and words that I wanted to say to him right now were becoming a bundled hazard, they were becoming overwhelming. There was just so much that needed to be said, well so much that I felt I needed to say,"I had it in my mind dat' I was livin' my last day on earth my love, dat' I was gone be gone, but you made me stronga', I fought till I couldn't and will continue ta' do as such."I smiled looking to my belly,"But ta' be honest I don't think I will have ta' fight dat' hard fa' you. You are a livin' vessel inside of me Emil, you survived miraculously inside of my dieing body, you grew wit' not one complication. You made me wanna be like you E-Man."