|19|

I Know Ya' Feel It

August 28,2010
1:22 p.m.

Mel (POV)

I was in the middle of getting ready to go to my mama's house and have a 'lil talk' with Mani and August.

I had a few concerns that I desperately needed to get off my chest. I needed them to hear me out on a few things, things that they've pretended to be blind to for far too long. After seeing Armani's break down that she had it hit me hard that she really feels alone, like her and Kali had no one. Seeing her in such a down state made me realize that me and Aug was really all she had, aside from our other family members.

I was in the middle of looking for my car keys when I heard a small voice come from behind me.

"Daddy?"

I turned around on my feet to see my baby Chay standing in the door rubbing at her eyes while letting out a small yawn. I walked over to her and picked her up in my arms and sat on my bed as I sat her gently on my lap.

"Wazzam my beautiful baybeh?" I asked rocking her back and forth.

"Nothin' I juss' wanted ta' know wea' ya' was goin' daddy."

"Oh I was juss' bout ta' go pay yo' uncle and teetee a lil visit."

"Uncle Aug and teetee Mo'?"

"Mhm." I nodded my head.

She looked up at me the quickly looked back down at her hands that were resting in her lap.

"Well ok j-juss' come home, I be missin' you daddy."

I leaned over a little and my heart nearly stopped when I seen my baby was crying.

This was why I needed to get to the bottom of these threats and get out the game, it was keeping me away from my priorities. My family. True enough the pay was good, but I would rather do a nine to five and come home every night instead of stay away from my babies all day.

I wasn't intentionally trying to stay away from home, but between the drops and trying to get these threats figured out, things had become pretty hectic. Even though everything I was doing was so me and my loved ones would be out of harms way, that was still no excuse to neglect my family.

Even before these threats started coming I would still be out all hours of the night, sometimes not coming home til the next day. So just seeing my little girl cry like this and knowing that I was the cause of her tears, really made me feel like the shittiest father alive.

I wiped her tears away then wrapped my arms around her little body and started back rocking her.

"I'm so sorry baybeh girl, how bout when I get back from dis' lil meetin' I'a take you'n ya' sista's out fa' some fun time."

I watched as her little eyes lit up like fireworks in July. She let out an ear shattering screech, so loud I had to cover her mouth so she wouldn't wake up my other two sleeping beauties.

"Guh' calm ya' nerves." I whispered to her, while she removed my hand from her mouth showcasing that beautiful smile I handed down to her.

"Daddy ya' really mean it?"

"I sho'll do."

"Oowee can mama come wit' us?"