|64|

That Sounds Familiar

April 4, 2016
7:30 A.M.

August (POV)

I felt myself being shaken awake by someone but I just turned over to the other side. I was sleeping entirely to good to get up. And the way these covers were feeling I didn't expect to get up no time soon.

Hoping that whomever it was would get the hint I slowly tried drifting off to sleep again, that is until I felt another tap at my back. I opened my eyes and seen Mani coming out of the bathroom with a smile on her face when she saw me awake.

Lawd thank you, I feel like I don't thank you enough man.

Seeing that this person wasn't going away, I sat up in the bed and rubbed the sleep out of my eyes.

"What?" I groaned tiredly not even looking at whoever it was at my bed side.

"Um Yungin' it's a guy at the door but uh, when I asked who it was he just said he was here to see-to see his baby daddy."

I didn't even need a description, that had to be none other than Travis stupid ass.

"Yea,"I chuckled looking at the time,"Dat's Trav dumb ass, gone let him in while I handle my hygiene right quick."

"Aight,"He nodded about to turn and walk away until he stopped,"Oh yeah, if we gone look around we might wanna do it now. King sends his men out in the morning and at night so they won't risk being seen during the day."

"Aight I gotcha, we can cova' mo' ground since Trav hea' too. "

"Alright man, let me go let him in before he wake up the whole floor."

"Please handle dat's, cause dat' nigga stupid." I chuckled sliding out of the bed.

I walked into the bathroom and turned the hot water on to the sink and waited for it to get hot.

I found myself staring in the mirror at my reflection while the water got hot. Look at me, look at how far I've come.

I squinted my eyes at the man looking back at me. I had changed so much over the years, not only physically, but mentally as well. It's strange because I was always the type of guy not to give a fuck about others if you weren't my immediate family members, but now I'm sitting here risking my life for the women I love more than wholeheartedly. In the past if you weren't my mama, I could never say I would die for you, but then they came along and made me some sort of big ass hypocrite. Many years ago this was never the image I had of myself. My younger self probably calling me a wuss right now, but there is no other way I would rather be.

I'm in love, a fool in love, and I don't mind because she would never take advantage of me or my name. My baby girl is self made. My lil baybeh mama Mo'.....

I smiled at myself and grabbed my toothbrush spreading some toothpaste across it.

As I brushed my teeth I felt a breeze come from behind me and already knew who it was, which caused me to roll my eyes.

"Trav don't come in hea' on no gay stuff man."

I soon felt a hand slip into the front of my shorts along with soft kisses along my back."Wea' you goin'." She asked between kisses.

I spit out the suds of white mint and rinsed my mouth out with water before turning to face her,"No wea' if you keep this up."

"You know when me and Kali was talkin' she told me you and Quan really helped ha'."