|46|

My baby in the mm, and what she wore.....body goals😭😭😭

--------------------------------------------------

Surprises, Surprises

Later That Day
March 29, 2016
12:13 p.m

August (POV)

"Ya' ready Mo- Mani..... ya' ready Mani?" I questioned hoping she didn't catch my near slip up.

Thankfully she just gave me a strange look and hesitantly nodded her head.

I allowed her to walk out ahead of me so that I could close and lock the door behind us.

We made our way to the car and I opened her door for her, once she was in I jogged over to my side and hopped in as well. I started the car up and began to drive to our destination.

It was starting to get so hard and frustrating to hide the fact that I remembered her....I remembered us. I've noticed that she's not the same person anymore- she's scared to let go and be free. She thinks that if she allows herself to relax and be happy that she will lose yet another life that meant something to her. She's my Mani, but from a distance. She doesn't interact with me the same, but who could blame her.

Its not all my fault but I do have a role to play in the reason she acts this way- I was her King that was suppose to help her sculpt a kingdom, help her build up her inner beauty until she seen it cascading out of her like a sea. All her dreams, I was suppose to make them come true.

And that's what I plan to do.

"Hey um, Mani?"

I wanted to question her about something that's been floating in my mind, but I had to find the right words so that she wouldn't grow suspicious of me. I had to play things cool so I wouldn't peak her interest....too much.

"What if I juss' started ta' rememba' y'all, like one day all my memories were back...how would dat' make you feel?" I queried as I took a few glances at her.

After it grew silent in the car I figured that my question must have upset her in someway. That's not what I was trying to do, but I understand where she's coming from.

Most people don't really understand how close me and Mani were back then, how close we had become over those years- and then for me just to up and forget her. After playing with her fragile heart for years and then letting my feelings be know a few months before I leave, it was selfish. I've always been so selfish when it came to her.

Imagine your mother forgetting you after she cared for you, showed you love out of this world, gave you everything, but then forgot you and left you on your own.......

Well that's how Mani feels, so I understand why she wants me to remember her so bad, but what she doesn't know is-

I already have.

"I would be pissed ta' be honest," She spoke catching me of guard as we pulled up to a red light." I would be so mad not at da' fact you fa'got, I'm ova' dat', I would be mad at how long it took ya' ta' rememba' me, yo' girl. I mean I can literally picture myself cryin' tellin' you how hurt I was. I would be mad, ya' know?"

Which is exactly why I ain't tellin' yo' crazy ass, not finna' kill me!

"But I would get ova' dat' shit wit' da' quickness,"she spoke looking away from the window and making eye contact with me," because I would be so fuckin' happy ta' have my baybeh back like-like a bitch gone be jumpin' ta' da' moon cryin' tears of joy. I would get ova' it Aug....because my king would be back by my side wea' he belongs. So yes I would be mad, but my temper has a short fuse."