|40|

New Flame

Armani (POV)

"So who do you think it is though, I mean like are you sure it's one of...them?"

"Jazmine,"I sighed," Them da' only muthafuckas it could be, I'm positive it's one of them."

"I just, I just wish you guys could catch a break, you know? Actually have a little peace."

"We're gonna be fine, sometimes ya' juss' gotta work wit' what life gives ya', even if it is a bucket of shit." I mumbled with a small shrug.

"I've always admired you for that Mani."

"For what?"

"Your strength and determination, you've taken everything life has thrown at you without even showing signs of backing down. You and Kali both. I've never been able to be that strong. You're taking the world down to its knees mama."

I looked up from the clothes that I had in my boxes and seen her smiling down at me. I pouted as I reached out for a hug that she gladly obliged to giving me.

"Thank you so much bestie, I luh' yo' ass girl."

"I love you too."

I pulled away from her embrace and proceeded with packing up my valuable items, while Jazmine just looked at me with this stupid ass grin— trying her best to make fun of this whole situation. Not the fact that there was a hit out for me or Kali, but the aftermath of all of this which was... Ugh, can't even talk about it.

"So,"She said casually,"You think you're going to like your new living arrangement?" She asked with amusement lacing her voice.

"Please don't make me fuck ya' life up." I mumbled folding a pair of booty shorts.

It has been about three days since the incident with the note and the whole break in happened. To be honest I wasn't scared for my safety, but more so for Kali. When I tell you that little girl is my everything, I mean it from the pits of my soul. I would walk through hells fire for an eternity to keep her safe.

So if keeping her safe meant living with a bitch ass nigga for a little bit, then so be it; anything for my sister's protection.

After all I am her keeper...

Hell, it wouldn't have mattered if I disagreed or not. The nigga wouldn't take no for an answer.

Plus I had to weigh my options here, I didn't really have much of a choice in this matter. Since me and Jazmine shared this house together we both had to relocate. Her going with Chris and me and Kali going with...him.

True, Chris had plenty of space for all of us, but I wouldn't dare put my brother's life in danger. He has a child that adores him and I know all too well how it is when a good man is ripped away from his children. Shit hurts your soul.

Even if August doesn't remember me I remember him very well. Which means I remember how smart he is, book and street wise. Him and Mel ran the streets back then— and even when Mel died and August left— their names still rang all throughout the '504'. So in our situation his street smart along with my own would really come in handy for me.

That is.....if I don't kill his ass first...

"All I asked was a question bruh, getting all hostile and shit." She laughed.

"Aight bitch, dat' question gone cost yo' ass ya' life fuckin' roun' wit' me."