|73|

Little More- Part 1

April 5, 2016
2:30 P.M.

Armani (POV)

I've been trying to wake up for hours and I won't stop until my eyes open up.

The twitching throughout my body wouldn't be stopping anytime soon since those seizures damaged parts of my nervous system and caused my liver to collapse. Thankful it recovered though.

I was scared of who I may look like after this, I was scared that when I woke up August won't be able to love me anymore- he won't see beautiful anymore when he looks at me. He'll only see battered and bruised, only see puss filled skin swollen beyond recognition. What if he sees me and no longer wanted to 'repay' me. I already feel hideous so just imagine what I actually look like on the outside. What if I'm a monster?

I heard the click of the door being opened and knew someone was entering my new room.

They decided to move to another location since the whole family had come to see me and the only way to get them to leave was to get me a bigger room so they could fit more than two people in at a time.

Even though I couldn't move or see, I was still using my other senses to help me figure out what was going on.

From the sound of the shoes coming towards me I could tell that it was the doctor coming my way. I could confirm that once I got a good whiff of his fragrance he was wearing. From the sound of it, he was fiddling with some machine over the top of my head.

"Hey nurse Jones?" He called out to the nurse that I've also become familiar with, "Take this tube out, she's breathing on her own."

"She is?!" She asked surprised as her shoes squeaked against the marble floor.

"Yes ma'am," He confirmed, and I could just hear the proudness in his deep voice, "It's only a matter of time now."

"Wow.....that's amazing, I'm sure the family will be pleased with this news."

"They certainly should be."

"And what about her....,"

"Just like it's mother, it amazingly survived against all odds. Every wall was stacked up against these two and they have clearly broken every last one of them. That little guy or gal in there is a fighter too- just like the rest of the family out there."

After hearing those words I tuned the rest of their conversation out. None of the rest mattered because what they just said made me shake with happiness and overwhelming joy. My child, me and August's child, has survived. My little unborn and unformed child already knew the definition of fight and hadn't even seen the light of day. This feeling that was coming over me wasn't just happiness, it wasn't only joy, this feeling was proudness. Proud that my baby is here to grow another day inside me. The life that me and August created had survived and is still fighting with me as we speak.

I have something of my own, this being inside of me is mine. It's my possession that no one can ever take away from me or take advantage of.

I am a mother- and a proud one at that.

That's all the more reason to open my eyes right there....

I could feel my body giving in the more I coached myself to wake up, even though the pain is numb now, I know it will be way more intense once I wake up, but I don't care. I'm so close to opening my eyes that I will not stop just because of a little pain.

"Do you think there will be any complications with her pregnancy?"

He sighed deeply, like he was waiting and dreading for that question to be asked, "The only thing that really worries me is her condition. If she lets anything get her back to this point ,or even close to it, there's a strong chance that she could lose the child."