|9|

What Are You Doing To Me

August (POV)

I was awakened by my mother lightly shaking me and telling me to get my ass up. I waited a few moments until I got up, trying to give my eyes a chance to adjust from the blurry state they were in. While taking in my surroundings I realized we were still at the hospital in Mani's room. I stretched in my seat and stood up so I could get a better view of her and make sure that she was alright.

As quick as I looked I had to take a second glance to make sure I was seeing correctly, Mani was no where is sight. I sped walked to the bathroom and swung the door open seeing she wasn't there either, I looked at my mother knowing she had an explanation as to what the hell was going on.

"They took ha'." She simply stated while picking Kali up and heading towards the door.

I bit down on my bottom lip so that the unholy words that were waiting at the entrance wouldn't escape. I mean of course they took her, that much I can see, but I need to know where, why, and when is she coming back.

She may not know it yet but that girl is the definition of strong, hell, beautiful too. And she was gradually becoming a new person. She wasn't being a lil push over anymore, she was standing up for what she believed in and what she loved. But even if that wasn't the case and she still decided to be that shy timid girl, I would still make it my job to protect her and guard her like I plan on doing now.

I looked up at my moms trying my best to hide my irritated demeanor.

"Wea' dey' took ha'?"

"Ta' run some test so they could get da' proper amount of dosage fa' ha' medicine."

"Well I'll juss' wait fa' ha' ta' come back." I went to go sit back down in the hospital chair in her room-awaiting her return.

"August you not stayin', you got school in da' mornin' and Kali is exhausted."

I heard what she said but I wasn't listening at all. At the moment, school is the last thing on my mind. I'm not trying to worry about square roots and shit, I'm trying to make sure my Mani is okay and out of harms way.

Mama let out a deep sigh while also letting go of the door knob so she could turn towards me.

"August I know you care about ha' but ya' can't stay, nah' c'mon."

"But what if she-"

"Nurses." She stated

"But she gone need some-"

"Nurses."

"Ooou what bout' when da'-

"Nurses."

"Ma please!" I begged hoping she would let up.

"Aug I know ya' wanna stay, but it's twelve o'clock and I promise ya' she is in good hands. She has ta' stay hea' so she can get da' care she needs and you have ta' come home so ya' can help meh' get dey' room ready. Ya' want'em ta' be happy dontcha?"

I nodded my head knowing she was right.

"Well c'mon so we can make everything nice and homey fa'em."

She left out the room and I reluctantly followed, lagging behind until I seen the same nurse from earlier at the front desk. I glanced at my mama to make sure her attention wasn't on me and, to my advantage, it wasn't.