|61|

I'm Staying With Her

Same Day
4:22 P. M.

Kaliana (POV)

"Please Aug, put it down." I supplicated.

"Kali you brought dis' nigga in hea' knowin' he was against us?!"

"It's not like dat' juss-,"

"Strictly family, I said strictly family, but hea' you go bringin' in da' enemy!" He continued standing from his seat.

I've never seen August this upset, and especially not at me. His skin had turned a tinted shade of red and the viens in his forehead were more than visible. The fear taking over my heart was overwhelming, which ultimately caused me to cry as I backed away from a yelling August. It was rare that I got scared like this but I couldn't help it.

It's a good thing mama went to go get Chandra and the girls from the house, because she would have had a heart attack if she seen August yelling at me like this.

"You betta' calm yo' stick lookin' ass down August,"Mani warned cutting her eyes at him,"You already know how I gets bout' dat' one."

"Mani look at what she did, Kali you too damn smart ta' be doin' shit like dat'! You made a desicion dat' has put dis' family in danger!"

"I-I-I didn't-,"

"Ain' tryna hea' no excuses Kali. I'm dissapointed in you."

"August-,"

"No mani ain' tryna hea' dat' shit eitha'!"

At that point I tuned everything out and got lost in the flashbacks that kept running through my mind, the same ones my grandmother predicted I would forget. I couldn't take seeing a man angry, it always brought up so many unwanted memories. Those of what he did to me years ago.

While those reminders went off in my head, for some reason I felt as if my heart was pounding a bit rapidly, like at a pace that wasn't safe for my heart in particular to be beating. From the way my skin was beginning to lose its warmness I knew a seizure was coming. And if I didn't get my breathing and heart to a steady rate it's possibly that this time it could be fatal, or at least that's what the doctor said it would be.

"August shut the fuck up now!" Mani yelled raking her eyes over me.

"Who the fuck you think you talkin' to Armani!"

"August seriously, shut up right now!" She said glancing at me.

I felt my eyes attempting to roll to the back of my head and knew then that it was only a matter of time before I collapsed. But right before I allowed myself to be taken over I felt a presence come beside me.

"Aye bruh, chill!" I heard Quantre yell at August- I mean I heard Quantre ask for a death wish.

"Who the fuck-,"

"Look at what the fuck you doing to her! She can hardly catch a motherfucking breath right now! Stop fucking yelling at her and listen to what the hell she has to say!" He yelled getting chest to chest with August.

Shaking his head Quantre exited the living room and walked down the hall, I'm guessing to my room. August then looked over at me, but I quickly turned away. I couldn't even look him in his eyes without feeling like I was looking at someone else. My body was still trying to go into shock, so as of now I had to focus on not letting my heart get overwhelmed with all this pressure closing in on it. I wasn't trying to go to the hospital and be laid up while my family still had to look over their shoulders.