|38|

Y'all people's in the mm.....enjoy

Eyes Tell Lies

Later that night

Armani (POV)

"You sure?" Jazmine asked me for the hundredth time.

"Yes Jaz, I'm fine trust me."

"Mani are you absolutely positive?"

"Bestie?"

"Hmm?" She hummed in response.

"I. Am. Fine. I juss' need some time ta' myself please."

Letting out a heavy sigh, she looked at me with defeat before putting her hand on the doorknob. She told me a quick I love you and made her way to her car—trying to hide her tears that I hated to see fall from her eyes.

Chris came and got Kali a little while ago, after I made sure that bitch ass nigga wasn't there anymore. I figured she would wanna go there though, whenever she's hurting— being with Royalty was her escape. She always told me that royalty was like us before we were corrupted.

Sweet, innocent, and pure...

Chris told me that August actually left right after our encounter with each other. I didn't really care about him being there or not, but I knew Kali's heart wouldn't be able to take being in his presence — neither would I.

Once I seen nothing but Jazmine's taillights, I quickly ran to my room and pulled out the small wooden box I kept in the top of the closet.

I went down stairs to the living room and plopped down on the couch. I opened the box, immediately being met by the strong smell of the substance inside.

Pulling out one of the blunts I had previously rolled, I fired it up and allowed the smoke to ease my mind.

I leaned back into the couch and just sat there, listening; watching.

All the lights were out except for the two lamps on either side of the couch, which were giving my skin a somewhat glowing effect.

The only thing trampling my mind at the moment was him.

After all this time, all these years — he's back. But of course not for me. Hell, he doesn't even remember me, Chris made that pretty clear when he came over to talk a few weeks ago. He informed me that August actually forgot about us, just like I felt in my heart he would. The day I seen him driving away I knew that this would be the outcome.

The love— ex love —of my life forgot me and his Kali bug.

How could he forget the times that we shared? The beautiful memories we made. The bond that all of us, including Mel, shared.

The love that was causing our souls to heal.

How do you forget something like that?

I took another long drag from the blunt and stared at the ceiling before hoping up to plug my phone into the auxiliary cord hooked up to the TV.

I scrolled through my music until I came across Maxwell - Woman's Work. Clicking on the song, I soon heard his sweet voice filling up the room.

"Ya' betta' tell'em Max!" I yelled sitting back onto the couch.

It felt as if the couch was engulfing me— like I was so heavy that I was sinking into the cushions, but I knew it was just my high kicking in.

One reason I decided to start back smoking— despite my very first attempt— was because the feeling it gave me. A feeling of having your own other little life. You feel as if your mind gets to wander away from who you are.