|51|

Drew in the mm......he's 14 by the way. Also don't get confused by the this chapter and the next one I'm going to post, just pay close attention to the date and times. This is the morning after August and Mani did the do Ok? Ok. enjoy!

-MeMe

Small Minds Are The Smartest Minds

Mama Janet House
April 1, 2016
11:45 A.M.

Kaliana (POV)

"So ya' got sum'n planed fa' ya' birthday?" Brittney asked.

"Not really, ion' really fool wit' my birthday like tum' bout'."

My birthday was April the fourteenth and for me that whole damn month was only a reminder of how I lost the best man that ever entered my life. So a celebration wasn't really needed, I would only be a Debby downer.

"Well I really hope ya' do sum'n while ya' hea', I really missed ya' Kali."

"I missed you too man, I swea' I did, but we had ta' go."

"I know, I juss' wish ya' coulda' wrapped meh' up and took meh' wit' ya'." She laughed.

I laughed as I looked off to the side and caught a glimpse of something that made me cringe.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

"Aye Brit brat go ta' da' back wit' Chay nem'." I demanded.

"Is sum'n wrong bestie, cause if it is, you can tell me. We gotta fight somebody? Cause I'm ready juss' point da' way."

I laughed at her before shaking my head, "No I juss' need ta' think fa' a bit."

"Oh cause I thought I was finna have ta' put somebody in ney' place." She rolled her eyes and squared up.

"Nawl I'm good, no need ta' bring out da' big guns." I laughed again.

"Aight I'm finna head ta' da' back, I luh' you bester."

"I luh' you too mama."

It felt amazing to be home, it truly did. But as I looked across the street- it only reminded me of the unfinished business me and Mani had here.

"I see you...." I sung lowly to myself as I stared at the boy across the street. He has been standing there the whole time me and Brittney were sitting right here talking.

It's funny how everyone just thinks that kids are fools.

When you grow up seeing the things I've seen and the things I've been exposed to; you pick up a few tricks that'll help you survive in this world.

Being observant is definitely one of them.

"Gosh, if you gone spy on somebody at least try ta' hide or sum'n. My nigga juss' all out in da' open........dumb ass." I spoke bitterly, quietly laughing to myself.

I don't like when people try to be sneaky. You can not be sneaky around me when I was raised around Kings and Queens. I was taught to keep a close eyes on your kingdom, you never know what can be lurking around in it.

Snakes can easily be found though.

"Kali you commin'?" Brittney asked me popping her head around the corner.