|53|

Oh My Loves!

April 1, 2016
8:25 P.M.

Armani (POV)

As the sun started to disappear out of my view I started to grow anxious, not because of what we were about to do, but because Kali was about to tag along with us. At first I wasn't for it, and even now I'm scared as hell, but after thinking it over I realized leaving her alone wouldn't be the best idea either.

Earlier today, when August left to go find Trav, she told me something that I had been fearing for years.

"Sis, I-I think uncle Mel died because he knew us."

Her words replayed in my mind like a broken record, everything that has been happening has only confirmed that for me. My bestfriend, my angel, died because of association. He died because he knew us.

But the real question is: how did this mystery person know what my mother was hiding?

That was the crazy part, yes she was an addict, but she was a smart one. A functional one. No one knew anything about her, if you didn't know her personally you wouldn't have known she had children. She never allowed any of her 'suppliers' to come to the house. She was gone, but some pieces of her common sense were still inside of her. So as of now that's the only question that I need answered.

"Mo'!" August yelled for the sixth time, but this is my first time really hearing him.

"Wazzam?"

"Baybeh," He sighed,"C'mere." He motioned towards my old room and slowly stood up. He allowed me to walk ahead of him and once we were inside the room he shut and locked the door before turning to face me.

"Baybeh I know ya' scared, ta' be honest wit' you, I am too. But you can't be blackin' out like dat', Imma need you ta' stay focused and no matta' what know dat' yo' man got you."

"I know you do my love, I juss-I juss' want all dis' shit ta' be ova' wit' baybeh. I'm ready ta' end dis' and be able ta' relax."

"And we will, we gone end it, right hea' right nah', I promise. Juss' trust meh'."

"I trust you." I smiled kissing his lips — those soft, juicy lips of his.

"You and Kali my main focus. Ain' gone let shit happen ta' my family, you hea' me Mani?" He spoke seriously looking down at me.

"I hea' you baybeh."

"Not shit my love, if anything, I got cha'll befo' my damn self."

"I know." I smiled against his lips as he continued to speak.

"I swea' I do Mani, fuckin' luh' y'all bruh." He mumbled pulling me into a hug.

"We luh' you too baybeh," I sighed into his chest," We luh' you too."

The way he was holding me reminded me of the old days, before all this happened, before we lost Mel. He would hold me so close, making me lose myself in his embrace. I felt so secure within him, like his arms were made to lock around my body. I always thought that if he let go I would fly away because of the lightness he made me feel when he held on to me with such love; and as he's holding me now, as if he's going to lose me, it brings me back to those days. It's making me realize that he has and will forever love me, and I him. For forever and a day.

"Look at me." He demanded, raising his head from the crook of my neck.

I did as told and peered into his soul.