|72|

Blessing

April 5, 2016
8:00 A.M.

Kaliana (POV)

I knew everything — everything being the truth that is. All the lies and deceit that man caused my small mind to conjure up just weren't true. All these years of me thinking my mother was a strung out drug attic, when the truth was, she wasn't. Her only goal in life was to be the mother I never got a chance to see. She set out to protect us and love us, but in her attempt to do so she fell right into a sociopaths wrath. Ultimately, losing her life before getting a chance to see mine.

These few moments we've spent together haven't made up for the years we've lost, but it does make up for the love we never got to give each other. For so long my emotions for her have been so.....on the rocks, I should say. It's like everyone told me I loved her, but at the same time, I never really knew her to build that type of feeling for her. It was difficult to love her, I didn't hate her; I just didn't know her enough to love her either. The emotions I had were a hard subject when it came to her.

But now that I'm here with her, and I can actually touch her and talk to her and see who she really is, there is nothing but love for her in my fading heart.

Seeing all the things she sacrificed for us warms my inside, and I'm proud to say this gorgeous magnificent woman is my mama.

"You really have da' same heart as me?" I asked amazed that there was someone who understood the difficulties I've faced in life because of my heart. It really did set a lot of limitations and boundaries for me.

"Yes I do, I was diagnosed as a baby just like you, ironically my mother couldn't lay off the drugs either." She spoke bluntly.

"But you didn't have'a choice mama, he made you."

"I know, "She sighed, " but if I would have fought harder, just a little harder, then maybe you wouldn't have to fight as hard as you do just to do the little things."

"Well it don't really hold me back," I shrugged hoping that made her feel better, "I use it as a obstacle ta' push forward. I push myself until I can't go anymore, I refuse ta' let it hold me back, Mani always said 'Don't kee-,"

"Don't keep your eyes on the prize, keep them on the passion." She finished smiling at me.

"I'm still amazed that she teaches you everything I taught her."

"You taught her dat'?" I asked surprised at this new found information.

"Of Course," She exclaimed, "I taught her almost everything she knows, but I had to teach her that saying specifically growing up. Believe it or not, she didn't like to fight for anything, she would give up on everything once it got too hard for her. She didn't even fight for her own sanity once insanity started to weigh her down."

That doesn't sound like my sis at all...

"Well somethin' must'a happened cause she da' strongest person I know now."

She stood to her feet and swayed her hand gracefully in the air causing a scene to appear, it looked like her. She was in the hospital laying on her back with her legs propped up on either side of her. She was sweating so hard that the stray hairs were sticking to her forehead. Squinting my eyes at the scene I seen she was giving birth.... to me!

"You happened."

"H-Huh?"

"Once you came that saying started to set in with her. She fought for me, you, and herself all at once — just so the three of us could be a family. My Kaliana, you were her passion and she fought because she kept her eyes on you."