|11|

Mani and Kali's mom in the mm

What's There To Miss

Armani (POV)

We'd just gotten to the house and I was jumping with anxiety. There was something pulling me back, something that had a hold on me, something that wanted me there. I don't know why but I needed to get there, so after this reunion with ChaCha and the little one- that would be the first place I headed.

As soon as we walked into the house I was bombarded with hugs and kisses all over my face, I knew without a doubt it had to be Chandra. Me and her really hit it off when we first met, she reminded me so much of my mother before she went left.

"Hey ChaCha I missed you so much,"I wrapped her in my embrace,"You can't eva' leave me hea' wit' these idiots no mo'."

She laughed along with me, while Mel and August gave us the stank face. That only caused us to laugh harder. Cha tried to go hug Mel, but he refused. She tried get hardest to hold in her laughter, but eventually gave in to it.

I looked over at August who was now smiling at the two of them, then frowned once he noticed my eyes were on him.

I giggled a little then walked over to him jumping up and wrapping my arm around his neck, putting him in a head lock. The more he tried to get out, the tighter my grip got around his neck. He yelled for me to let me go, but I'm not stopping until I hear what I need to hear.

"Tell meh' who ya' love?"

"Mane hell nawl, getcho' ass off me." He grunted grabbing at me arms.

"Tell. Me. Who. Auggie."

I laughed at how stubborn he was trying to be towards me. He knows he can't stay mad at me so he might as well go ahead and say what I wanna hear.

"I luh' you Mani!" He yelled.

"Ya' love who baybeh?" I asked making him groan in agony.

"You dummy, I love yo' irritatin' ass!" I couldn't help but to smile at his words as I let him go. He rubbed the back of his neck and then stormed off to his room.

I heard Chandra clear her throat and when I turned to look at her she had a dumbfounded look on her face, but it soon formed into a smile when Mel whispered something to her. I turned to leave and head to August room to apologize, but before I could get there I felt a sharp pain on my butt.

I swerved around- prepared to swing- but someone grabbed my hands and placed them above my head pushing me to the wall. Once I got a chance to look up I was faced with a smirking August.

"Don't do dat' shit again ma."

I wanted to beat his ass, I wanted to curse him out, I wanted to give him a good piece of my mind. Yet, the only thing my nerves allowed my body to do was nod my head.

Even though I was becoming a new person August's whole demeanor intimidated me. His tall stature, the way he walked, the way he talked. He was a force t be reckoned with, and I wasn't dumb enough to challenge him.

He let go of my hands allowing me to walk back into the living room, with him closely behind me. We all sat there catching up wth ChaCha and how her visit was. We talked for a good two hours until the feeling in my heart grew stronger than earlier; as much as I would love to talk and forget about this, I couldn't.

Something wasn't right, the more I sat there smiling and laughing, the more the feeling started to take over. I tried to push it to the back of my mind and just forget about it, but of course it would only return.