|37|

Kali: K-Lee...that's how you pronounce her name.

Dreams Do Come True

January 19, 2016
2 weeks later

August (POV)

"Bruh just think a little harder okay? It gotta be in there somewhere."

"Chris I'm tellin' you, I don't remember her."

"Bitch yo' ass better think harder!"

We have literally been sitting here arguing about this for three damn hours and —not to my surprise— I didn't know this women he spoke of, nor the little girl.

Chris says he went over and talked to her two weeks ago, but sadly that didn't go to well.

The chick actually flipped out on Chris about bringing my name up in her house. I mean damn, all he's trying to do is get to the bottom of things just like I am.

This wouldn't be the first time that someone 'claimed' to know me personally or on a deeper level, and it damn sure won't be the last. All these females want is a little publicity off of my name.

So as far as this little situation goes, I'm sure it'll blow over rather quickly.

"Aug c'mon man, just think back to them street days, you gotta remember something I know that big ass peanut head good for something."

"I don't know her Chris, I don't."

"How the hell you don't know her when you drew a whole picture of her form when she was a child."

He had a point...

"I don't know dude, let's juss' drop dis' shit cause I'm gettin' a migraine." I mumbled while rubbing at my temples.

"Whatever bruh, yo' memory gone hit you like a ton of bricks when you realize who you forgot."

"I bet." I stated sarcastically.

"Aight, yo' ass bet not call me tum' bout your big ass head hurt."

"What'eva nigga, let's just work on dis' hea' song."

I started grazing my fingers across the table in his studio and accidentally turned on a beat. This particular melody sounded a little odd, but for some reason all the sounds in this one beat...clicked.

They sounded perfect playing together within each other.

The only thing that was missing from it was....a voice, a voice to mach the uniqueness of this instrumental.

"Say, ion' rememba' makin' dis'....shits kinda dope."

"That's cause we didn't."

"Well who did?" I asked confused by his duh tone.

He slowly looked up at me with a look of disappointment on his face,"Yo' dream girl did."

"What ya' mean Chris?"

"She made it a while ago, it goes to a song that she made from her childhood, I think before she even met you." He said turning my way to give me his full attention.

"It was just for her and her sister at first, but she says it became more than that in her heart, she says it was her everything."

"She made dis'?"

He simply nodded his head towards me, while I admired the sound coming through the sound system and giving life to my ears.

It was so different, but in the best possible way. I could point out and name every instrument being used, and that's the crazy part— the ones being used were not your typically used instruments.