|60|

Old With The New

April 3, 2016
3:30 P. M.

Kaliana (POV)

We had just pulled up to mama Sheila's house and to be honest, I was a wreck.

Not because I knew who I was about to see, but because of the things that were about to be discussed.

The information that was about to be laid out on the table was going to make and break lives. As I always say I'm young, but my intelligence level is above and beyond — meaning I'm smart enough to know that this is about to raise hell and definitely high waters as well.

Being that August and Mel were two of a kind, I knew it wouldn't be hard for him to get to the bottom of this.

And after we all put our heads together and share the information that we knew, finding this guy would be a walk in the park for us.

I unbuckled my seat belt, opened my door, and stepped out. My hair instantly whipped in the wind as I got out of the car.

"Kali why you wanted ta' come ova' mama house? You know how dangerous it is." Mani reminded me.

"Yes, I know, but I have some things dat' might be helpful to figuring all of dis' King stuff out."

Her and August froze in their spots with confused looks on their faces.

"Bug how you know bout' King?" August asked with a hint of anger seeping through his voice.

He was most likely thinking that King had tried to abduct me or something, but little did he know...I had eyes on the inside. Even though that set of eyes were no longer on the inside, they still held some valuable secrets that needed to be told.

"That's why we hea' Auggie Pooh, ta' mix the old wit' the new."

"Ok dat's cool and all, but how do you know King?"

"Juss' come on, I'll explain everything when we get in the house."

Reluctantly, they followed me inside the house and we all were met by a smiling mama and a scent that made your mouth water and tummy grumble.

"Well hello my baybehs,"She smiled,"I figured y'all would be commin' by."

"How so ma Duke?" August asked while Mani made her way to the kitchen.

"Well some lil boy been waitin' fa' Kali since two sum'n. He said she told him ta' come ova'." She answered before following behind Armani.

Two sum'n, huh? I see he can follow directions.

"A lil boy?! She bet not be talkin' about Quawsi, cause y'all running out nah'. Plannin' secret meetin's and what not. I'm tired of y'all already."

Mama smacked his head,"Boy shut up, you and Mani was the same way. I mean use ta' be all up unda' each otha' like it was winter time."

"Mama...guh' hush, me and my baybeh was in looove."

"And praise the lord y'all realized dat' cause I been told you ta' wife her."

"But I was only fourteen ma."

"Aight and,"she cocked her head to the side,"mama knows best boy, and mama knew dat' her mani wannie was what was best for you."

"Man-,"

"Mama this chicken is about ta' make me slap you!" Mani exaggerated walking in with about ten pieces if chicken on her plate along with the one in her mouth.