|27|

I'll Always Be Everywhere You Are

September 1, 2010
12:53 a.m.

Armani (POV)

"You should go back, you know?"

"Who said that?!"

I've been in this dark pit for what felt like hours on top of hours, just trying to figure out a way to escape this pit of despair.

I don't even know how I got here. One minute I see Mel yelling at me to get down, and the next I wake up here. I was surrounded by nothing but blackness, except for the faint light in the distance. Not wanting to get lost in this abyss, I just followed the light even though I got no closer to it.

I really just wanted to get out of here and go check on my Best friend, the look he had on his face has been haunting me the whole time I've been in here. I've never seen Mel so frightened in all my time knowing him.

All I wanted to do was get out of this place, but how can I do that when I don't know where 'this' is.

Though I was in this dark creepy place, I felt nothing but warmth and comfort. It's like when it's raining outside, but the sun is out. You want to be all sad and gloomy but the sun makes the rain so beautiful when it falls from the sky that the gloomy feeling goes away.

I continued my walk towards the light, but quickly stopped once I heard the sobs of a voice I knew all to well.

"Baybeh I can't lose ya' too, please come through fa' me... I gotta keep my promise ta' ya'. We gotta be some self made niggas," I heard him say as he laughed followed by a sniffle.

" Juss' come back Mani— fa'eva and a day can't be dis' damn short."

"August! I'm right hea'!"

I started running to where I thought his voice was coming from, but since it was echoing all over the place I couldn't pinpoint an exact location. So I just ran everywhere.

"Baybeh boy I'm hea', please help me! Tell me wea' ya' at!"

I stopped running and looked down at my body and cringing at this new pain shooting through every inch of my being. I noticed my left arm and hand were bleeding and then notice the three holes penetrating my rib cage and side.

"Ahhh! What da' fuck is goin' on?!" I screeched dropping to my knees from the agony.

"Wea' am I, why am I hea'?!"

"Only you can answer that my love."

That voice, that light soft voice. The way the words sounded so distant yet so close to me. It was her. I don't know how, but it was her.

"M-Mommy?" I called in disbelief.

The light that I once was following started to grow in size, and might I say it was the most beautiful thing that I've ever laid eyes on.

But it was what stepped out of the light that made me forget about all the pain I was in and run right towards it. I ran with a speed fueled by love and happiness to see her image before me. My tears drizzled and fell on the trail that I was leaving behind me. No matter how bad my legs begged my nerves to stop sending them signals to run as fast as they could, I couldn't stop. I had to run to the woman infront me full throttle.