|68|

It's You! It's Finally You!

Same Day

August (POV)

Speeding down highways and byways, I had already ran six red lights, and sped past two officers which didn't really help my situation. I was becoming overwhelmed with all this shit and the fact that I couldn't do two things at once wasn't making anything better. I was falling into a place that a man with my type of mind didn't need to fall into. I still had to find my wife, but getting Kali the help she needed took priority.

She was fading away from this world, hanging on by a torn piece of thread and if Mani were here she would want me to get Kali straight before I did anything else - I'm sure that it's because of Mani that Kali even made it out. Looking in the rearview mirror I cringed at the sight of her body just laying there, slumped over into Quan's bloody body. Her skin was losing life with every second that flew past, meaning I was running out of time. Not just time to save her life, but also time to get to Mani. But what scared me the most was i-if Kali's like this.......

Then what state is My Mani in?

She can't control her condition once it's been set off, it only worsens. I know my baby has overworked herself in more ways than one- breaking Kali out was a task in itself, but now I know she has to be injured. There's no possible was that she's not. I mean damn, these bitches shot and damn near killed an eleven year old. Ain't no telling what they did to Mo'.

I-I just hope I make it in time.

I pray I can.

"God we come to you today asking that you watch over her, that you reach into her and heal every piece of her that has been hurt and shattered by satan's disciples. God I ask that you give her just a bit more time with her loved ones, allow her to appreciate the gift of life that you gave her lord. I pray that you let Kaliana breath with the lungs that you provided her with, I pray you let her continue to speak her words of wisdom and hope with the lips and golden heart that you gave her." Quan paused,"If I am asking for too much God I deeply apologize, but lord I need you, I need you, to let the angel that you sent to us- the Angel you created to brighten our spirits, I need you to let her live. In Jesus name, amen."

"Amen." Me and Trav said in unison.

That prayer brought a little ease to my mind, but not enough. The thought of Mani being in the hands of a devious person like that still lingered in the back of my mind. I needed to get to her, but that would be impossible right now. Kali was in a close to death state- she would need blood on top of blood for a transfusion. Even then that wouldn't be enough. We have cut it to close this time, so close that a blood transfusion may not be enough. There is a chance that the open heart surgery is our only option to actually save Kali.

"Dat' was a good prayer youngsta', we gone need a whole bunch'a dose aight?"

"O-Okay."

Lil nigga ain't stopped crying since we hopped in the car. Shit, I don't know how I'm holding it together.

"Aug, we still got a problem." Trav leaned over whispering so that Quan couldn't hear.

"I know bruh, I know, I just-I juss, look let me handle dis' first. You know I'm tryna get ta' Mani, but I can't let Kali die."

"I unda'stand dat', but you know how Mani get's Yung', ha' shit don't juss' stop. Then you gotta rememba' how hard she push ha'self even when ha' body rejects every move she try ta' make."