|12|

Chandra in the mm

I Gotta Get Out

August (POV)

Three days it's been, three long days since we visited Mani's old house, and I must say- it was a terrible idea.

She's been so unresponsive and emotionless just like the day we first met, the only difference was the new her was now mixing with the old her. She mixed all her anger with her pain, and a combination like that is deadly. In the end someone will get hurt.

I tried talking to her, reaching out to her, but all she does is lock herself in the room that she shares with Kali. She's been so distant that Mel decided it would be best to take Kali with him for a few days, since she couldn't wrap her little mind around why her big sister was neglecting her.

That's actually how I knew her pain ran deeper than what we seen on the outside, she was neglecting Kali. That little girl was the whole reason she wanted to better herself. The whole time she was in the hospital she whined about how she needed to get better and stronger for Kali, but now she can't even do that for herself.

She fails to realize she's only twelve, she can't deal with things on her own- she's still a child at the end of the day.

Mel told me to give her some time and she would be better, but he didn't understand I was drawn to that girl. I wanted- I needed to be around her whenever I could, she was someone I needed now and I couldn't lose her this way.

Even though I wanted to be with her and help her, I figured it would be best to let her grieve in peace. I refused to let my selfishness deprive her of the time she needed to get back to where she was moving forward to, well that and because every time I tried to come around her she would tell me don't touch her or leave her the fuck alone. So I just gave up.

Her being in this mood put me in an even worse mood, I just wanted to make her happy again, like I promised. She wouldn't go to school she wouldn't eat. Hell, the only time she came out was to shower and that was when she thought everyone was asleep or gone.

I stopped pondering my thoughts once I heard screams, loud screams, ear shattering screams. Since my mama was at work and Kali was gone it could only be one person.

Armani

I jumped up from my bed and ran down the hall way in under a second. I bust through the door and seen Armani yelling, punching nothing but air. I made my way to her and eased in the bed gripping her wrist to cease her outburst.

"Shh shh, mama it's ok I'm hea' fa' you."

She stirred in my arms until she finally relaxed pulling me in close to her as she slept. I wrapped my arms around her and caressed her back humming a soothing tone. I can't lie and say she didn't feel good. It felt right being with her like this, I missed her.

I felt her body tense up in my arms, I sighed to myself knowing she was awake and about to snap on me.

"Aug get da' fuc-"

"Mani shut da' fuck up I'm tie'd of dis' shit!" I stood up so that I could get a good look at her as I poured out the way I been feeling for these pass few days.

"Ya' thank I'm juss' spose' ta' sit here and watch ya' self destruct bruh, I know ya' hurtin' I understan' dat, but I can't help ya' if ya' push me away. Mani I'm here fa' ya', always will be. I'll be thea' ta' catch ya' when you can't catch ya'self baybeh, and right nah' ya' fallin' and I juss' wanna catch you."