|76|

My Peace Of Mind

Week and a half later
April 14, 2016
3:30 P.M.

August (POV)

"Aight you got da' cake?" I asked Twan over the phone.

"Yeah, but I ate it."

"Bitch what?!" I yelled placing the table cover down on the table and turning all my attention to the phone.

"You did what?!"

"I ate it."

"Travis I'm gone-,"

"But ain't dat' what'chu spose ta' do, aye! Ain't chu spose ta' eat it too hoo hoo cause dat' cake was on the menu,"He sung before laughing into the phone,"Come open dis' damn do'!"

Shaking my head I hung up my phone and checked on the ribs, corn, asperigus, and beets I had going on the grill.

After flipping everything to the other side, I jogged my way from the backyard through the living room and up to the front door

After flipping everything to the other side, I jogged my way from the backyard through the living room and up to the front door. Turning the door knob, and pulling it open, there stood Jamal and Travis being their stupid selves and jigging to their own beat that only they could hear.

"Always wanna play and shit."

"We juss' want you ta' loosen up, we know it's a big day but chill, everythang gone be good."

"I am chill,"I defended,"I juss' want my baby ta' enjoy ha' special day. It's all about her right now."

"And she will enjoy it,"Jamal said seriously,"She got ha' whole family hea' and da' best Auggie Pooh in the world."

"Why you wanna play?"

"I'm bein' serious, but since youn' wanna take my compliment, I'll take dat' back."

He grabbed at the air in front of me and then placed his hand in his pocket as he patted it,"Gone save dat' fa' somebody dat' appreciate it."

"Y'all niggas really makin' my ass itch." I huffed walking into the living room.

"Aww shit, well dat' thea' ain't got none ta' do wit' us, dat's yo' fucked up hygiene." Jamal shrugged.

Travis set the cake on the table and then placed his hands on his hips while shaking his head," Juss' a nasty booty ass lil boy."

"Right, and gone try ta' say we da' cause of his booty havin' leftova' crumbs."

"Da' fuck!" They started to laughed together.

They have ALWAYS been this way. We took after Mel so of course we were all the life of the party, but we also knew when to push the jokes aside and get serious.