|4|

I'm here for you

Mo' (POV)

I sat there horrified at the thought of what was really going on, the thoughts in my head had to be unreal, but the feeling in the pit of my stomach was only clarification to the thoughts floating in my scattered mind.

I knew something was wrong with my Kali and I needed to go now. I was brought back to reality when I felt the warm embrace of a body wrapping itself around me. I quickly jumped, but soon relaxed once I seen Mel looking at me just as confused as ever. I don't know why but out of no where I screamed.

"My Kali!"

I guess since she was all I could think about at the moment. I quickly realized what I had to do. I looked over at Mel then at August and seen the confused expressions they wore on their faces, yet that was the least of my concern— I had no time to explain, only time to take action. I quickly grabbed Mel's wrist then ran over to August and grabbed his as well before dragging them both out the door. We were half way to Mel's truck when he abruptly snatched away from me causing me to vastly turn around. When I did turn to face him, I seen him looking down at me, worry and confusion written all on his face.

I let go of August's wrist so that I could face Mel completely, I just gazed up at him with pleading eyes begging him 'please'.

I guess he understood because he gave me a head nod while throwing the keys towards August.

"Start da' car lil bruh." He said while he jogged back to the house.

I sighed relieved that he didn't go any further and decided to take me to my destination. I hurriedly made my way to the passenger side and in no time the doors were unlocked. I hopped inside and watched as August leaned over the drivers seat and started the truck up.

Soon as I seen the interior lights pop on. I then began to put my grandparents address into the GPS built into Mel's truck. My hands were shaking so bad from this growing anxiety within me, I could hardly put in the address, but somehow I managed.

While I finished up with the address I happened to see Mel running out of the house with all the determination in the world. He hastily made his way to the drivers side and hopped in As soon as his door closed shut he switched gears and we were on our way.

I hadn't even realized I was crying until I felt a hand graze my cheek and wipe the tears away. I looked up and seen August leaned towards the front from the back seat and he wiped away my remaining tears.

"Don't cry lil mama, we gotcha', we gone keep ya' safe."

I just stared at him unable to respond.

"Ya' trust us?" I nodded my head immediately.

"Aight then we gotcha, we promise." I looked over at Mel to see him nodding his head in agreement to what August was saying.

I felt more tears come down my face as he spoke those words, I looked between them in disbelief as we drove. Here are two strangers doing more for me than my own family, doing more anyone ever. I relaxed in my seat as much as my jittery body would allow and held August's hand with all my might.

"Juss' hurry, please......she needs meh'." And with those words Mel stomped on the gas making me and August jerk back in our seats, but he never let go of my hand and I never let go his.