47.

Cuz space is just a word made up by someone who's afraid to get close
-- Nick Jonas
-----------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

After my visit with Nicole, I came back home and got to work with The Finish Line. My mind was now made up about the name of it and I would be presenting it to them today and getting started with some new designs. After that, I would model them in a photoshoot, get them out on the market and make that 15 grand back hopefully. That was my goal.

And to have something to call my own, support my family and just simply be content. It would make me happy.

"Glad to see you're safe and back. You and Nicole get together and I don't hear from neither of you." Chelsea said while walking beside me in the hall.

"Sorry, we've been kinda busy." I smiled.

"Ew."

"I know you're not talking? And none of that. Just enjoying each other's company."

"Mmhm. Has she made a decision yet?"

"You see she's still in Detroit.."

"Damn, she doesn't want to come back?"

I shrugged. "Guess not. I'm fine with it.. well for now. I know it's not permanent."

"True that. Anyways, go get em."

I opened up the door and Chelsea walked in first with me behind.

"Good morning everyone. Mr. Finisher," she said.

"Good morning." I said after her. I got a few to say good morning back and a couple nods.

"Where do we begin?" Chelsea asked while sitting down and I sat too.

"Let's start off with the name of the design and the ideas you have, Mr. Breeding." Finisher asked me.

I cleared my throat. "Well my designs came straight from what I like to wear and a few pieces I was inspired by." Chelsea handed me my folder with designs and ideas. "Here are a few pieces I put together quickly." I passed them out on the table for everyone to look at them.

I watched as they observed them closely. Nothing was said but looks we're passed around and I couldn't tell if they were good or bad. It stayed like that for about five minutes. Then Finisher spoke up. "What would you name this line, you know, if we would have you?"

"DND. Stands for Do Not Disturb. When men where these clothes, I want them to feel on top of the world.. untouchable. Like they don't want to be disturbed. They should wear these clothes to catch someone's attention and leave them speechless. But to me, it's more special than that. It's my first initial and then the first initial of two important people in my life. They've helped me change so much over the years and me doing this is to show my appreciation to them and how much I care and love them. That I'm willing to do whatever for them."

Mr. Finisher nodded after my speech. "Good to me. What about everyone else?" He asked his team. I guess they agreed too.

I looked to Chelsea and she nodded her head, assuring me that everything was good.

"Well Mr. Breeding, let's start your line.." Mr. Finisher slightly smiled and the room filled with applause.

I'm accomplishing something.

••••••

Later that day when I was leaving from handling business, I went to my mom's to get Devin. She decided she didn't want Devin to go to daycare, so I let her keep him for the day. I walked inside to Devin watching tv and mom talking on the phone.