33.

You call me on a lazy afternoon
Asking me what I'm up to,
Let's find something to do
Baby I'd be down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down, down
--Yuna feat. Usher
-------------------------------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

Nothing was in the media about me being in jail and I was glad of that. I ended up turning Tia in for harassment though. Turns out she's in real good with the officers and authorities at the county jail so whatever I did, wouldn't matter. She would just get off with a warning or something. She ended up paying a small ass fine for the bullshit she's done and it's had me pissed for a couple days. Nicole's been a big help with helping me calm down in a non-sexual way. This counseling thing was really for her.

It's only been a week since everything's went down and I've tried my best to pay Nicole back but she's just not letting me. She just won't.

I can say that out of all of the friends I've ever had, Nicole was a real one. She looked straight through my bull and called me out on it. She told me exactly how it was and how it would be. And I've never had anyone do me like that until Chelsea came along.. But Chelsea was just ruthless. My brothers weren't even as real as those two were to me. I guess they were tired of my shit and didn't care to elaborate.

It was Saturday and it was a beautiful day outside. It was really windy and Devin was enjoying being outside today. Mainly, because of this kite I bought him. He really wanted to go somewhere and fly it.

"Alright man, grab some shoes and I'll take you to the park."

"Okay." He ran inside and I sat in the backyard looking at the beautiful scenery.

I pulled out my phone and called Nicole to see what she was doing.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey girl, what you doing?"

She laughed. "Why do you sound like one of my girl friends?"

"You gotta girlfriend? Freaky," I laughed.

She laughed as well. "Don't play with me Dustin."

"You never answered my question."

"I'm not doing anything Dustin."

"Great. I'll be by to pick you up." I said while getting up and going inside to see what Devin was doing.

"Pick me up? Where are we going?" She asked.

"We'll be outside so you don't have to get cute for me."

She laughed again. "Right. I'll be ready Dustin."

"Good. Bye.."

"Bye,"

No lie, Nicole and I have been extra flirty lately but it didn't seem different.

"Dev, what's the hold up man?"

"I'm coming!" He said while running down the stairs. "I had to pee."

I laughed. "Too much info, man." I knelt down to his level and tied up his shoes. "So is it okay if Miss Nicole comes?"

"Yes!!" He screamed.

"Okay, I'm glad you're on board with that." I laughed.

After tying his shoes, I grabbed a blanket from the closet and the picnic basket. I walked in the kitchen and filled it with the chopped fruit we had in the fridge & the bottle of white whine I bought with two glasses.