39.

I don't wanna cry no more
And I don't wanna hurt no more
And I don't wanna love no more
Especially if it causes this
I don't want no part of it
Because it hurts me so bad
--Chris Brown
--------------------------------------------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

I couldn't sleep last night because I was too worried about Marcus's devious plan. I kept checking social media to make sure nothing was out on me. I knew that Patrick was going to tell our brothers about the situation but I just needed to take this into my own hands. I needed to fix whatever it was that needed to be fixed so I could be sure that Marcus wouldn't put out such lies.

So I got Devin ready for school, took him, and went to work.

"Have you made your statement yet?" Chelsea asked me while walking with me down to do a photoshoot. This would be simply for my portfolio. We've been trying to get me some more recognition and apparently, with all the people I owe, I need it.

"Not yet."

"I need that by tomorrow."

"I'll have it for you tonight." I opened the door to walk in but she stopped me.

"Don't bullshit me."

"I gotchu Chels."

"You say that a lot. Put some action behind that." She said as she walked away to let me get dressed.

After she perfected over a thousand shots, I was finished for the day. It was now 12 p.m. and I was now preparing to head to Savannah. No one would know I was going up there but I was. I shot a text to my mom, telling her that I wouldn't be able to pick up Devin and I needed her to do that for me. I told her that while I was at the bank. If she declined, then I would have to take Devin with me and that's not what I wanted to do.

I didn't want him to see this transaction.

Surprisingly my mom said that she would pick him up. I told her thank you as I got the money from the bank and headed off to Savannah.

••••••

Long drive but I made it. I was just now turning into their driveway, nervous as ever. I didn't know what to expect and I knew Marcus was sneaky as ever. Who knew what trick he'd pull on me.

Lucky for me, Marcus was sitting out on the porch when I pulled up. When he saw the silver Toyota pull in he got up with the quickness. I parked and he walked down the steps, waiting for me.

I got out with the money in the envelope and closed the door.

"You got my message huh?" He smirked.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I asked. "Why do you insist on making my life a living hell? I haven't done anything to you!" I stressed.

"You took our child away from us! And then she died while in your care! We're hurting!"

"More like your pockets were hurting! Y'all didn't give a shit about Andrea!"

"Oh and you did?"

"Yes I did. I loved her and I wanted her to be my wife! But she was too consumed with drugs to even want that kind of life.. Blame yourself for your daughter's passing. It wasn't my fault." I expressed. He just laughed.

"Andrea owed us 15 grand.."

"She used the money for her 'schooling' and paid you so it shouldn't be 15 grand."