41.

I suffocate when you're away from me
So much love you take from me
I'm going out of my mind
-- J. Holiday
----------------------------------------------

~ Nicole's Pov ~

I had to start planning my trip back to Atlanta. It was to retrieve the rest of my things, and that way I could attend Khloe and Devin's birthday party. Even though Khloe's birthday was late June and Devin's was early September, the parents of the children decided to throw them a big swim extravaganza so I was told. As bad as I wanted to avoid the hell out of Dustin, I had to be at this party. The duo wouldn't let me live if I missed it.

Dustin and I would have to talk, whether I wanted to or if he wanted to or not. We would be in each other's company and it would be weird, so I needed to get to Atlanta and talk to him before the party.

I wondered how he would react though. It's only been a couple of months since I've been in Michigan and last time, it was a year and he blew up on me. Dustin doesn't know how to handle his emotions and that sometimes gets the best of him. I would just have to deal with whatever he did.

I was currently on my laptop while my nephews jumped around the house. I was looking for flights. I would spend a few days in Atlanta, no longer than a week to get my things, go to the birthday party and then return back for work. I found a good flight and was about to book it until my phone rang. I picked it up and answered it.

"Hey, hey!" I said to my best friend on the other line.

"Hey Nikki, what's good girl?"

"Nothing much. I was actually about to book my flight back to Atlanta for next week."

"Right, for the party. I got these two with me right now."

I laughed. "Why could I tell that you were rolling your eyes?"

"Because I was and they're driving me nuts about this party. And you?"

"Hey Nicole!" I heard someone scream.

"That's Kelly, of course. And let me tell you about him, he's no help."

I laughed. "Hey Kel and what'd he do Chels?"
I listened to her go on and on about how Kelly was acting like a kid with the kids in the store as they shopped for decor. While I did that, I booked my flight and closed the laptop.

".....I couldn't handle having anymore kids. I give up."

"We so need one more." Kelly told her.

"Hell no, I'm getting my two-child experience right now. Plus Khloe is six now and that's a big ass gap."

"You're mouth is wreckless, Chels."

"Girl, I'm stressed."

"Plus, isn't that why you've been keeping Devin on some weekends? So you guys could get use to being parents of two?"

"Yeah, but it ain't happening. I don't want anymore now."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, when you slip up and get pregnant because you're stressed, I won't say anything."

"Which means you will say everything. I know. I know. So I should be expecting you next week huh?"

"Yes. I'll let you know when I board the plane and when I land."

"Who's going to pick you up? Patrick?"

"Yeah, maybe.. I'll have to see. You know he's gotten serious with that high maintenance chick, umm... What's her name?"