25.

Tryna rewind til we're back where we started
Yeah, that's all I want.
--dvsn

-------------------------------------------------------

~ Nicole's Pov ~

It was the usual, regular school day and I was in my office working hard. I would stop and answer the occasional texts I would get but other than that I was working hard.

There was a knock on my door.

"Come in," I told whoever it was.

I heard the door open and some little footsteps and I knew that it had to be Khloe.

"TT Nicki," she said as she came in rubbing her tummy. "I don't feel so good."

"Come here, what's wrong honey?"

"My tummy aches."

"What did you eat for lunch?"

"I had a cheeseburger and fries.. But I think it made my stomach upset." She told me.

"Ok sweetie. Let me see if I can get a hold of your parents.. Go sit down over there." I told her as I grabbed the phone.

I called Chelsea first.

"Yes Nicole?"

"Hey, your daughter doesn't feel good. Are you busy at work? Do I need to call Kelly?"

"Yeah, I'm busy. Listen, um.. Dustin is actually about to leave. He can pick her up and take her with him."

"But where's Kelly?"

"He's on the other side of town handling business. Damn, I feel like a bad mother. Can't come to my child's rescue. Just let Dustin get her and bring her to me."

"Okay Chels. I will.."

"Okay, he should be there shortly. Let me talk to her."

I handed the phone to Khloe and had her talk to her mom.

I hadn't seen Dustin since I was at his house this weekend and I haven't heard from him either. I hoped all was well but I'm sure I'd find out soon when he got here.

Khloe handed me back my phone and I read the few messages I had and responded.

Patrick
Nic, Imma come and see you today.

Me
Okay Patrick, that's fine. We've got a lot to talk about actually.

Khloe whined in the background.

"Sweetheart," I walked over to my mini fridge and grabbed a Sprite. "Drink this for now love."

I opened the drink and handed it to her as we waited for her uncle's arrival. I hated to see my Khloe sick.

•••••••

"Is she bad? Like has she thrown up or anything?" Dustin asked once he was escorted down to my office.

I laughed. "No, she hasn't. Yet. Don't speak it up. Khloe, your uncle's here."

Her eyes fluttered open and she sat up.

"Aww, my poor baby." Dustin ran to her side and picked her up.

"Dustin! She said she's sick on the stomach, picking her up isn't helping I'm sure."

His eyes bucked as he slowly placed her back down. "I'm sorry princess."

"I'm dizzy now, Uncle D." She looked up at him.