36.

Tell them all I know now
Shout it from the roof tops
Write it on the skyline
All we had is gone now
Tell them I was happy
And my heart is broken
All my scars are open
Tell them what I hoped would be
Impossible
--Shontelle
--------------------------------------------------

~ Nicole's Pov ~

I was starting to pack up my things to get ready to travel back home. My phone rang unexpectedly and I really didn't feel the need to talk to anyone right now. Dustin had me really upset. How could he act the way he does about me and then not want me to stay here with him?

I looked at my phone and it was Chelsea calling. I picked it up.

"Nicole so you didn't call me back and tell me anything. Are you guys officially dating or what?" She asked me.

"No," I sniffled. "Things didn't go as planned."

"What? What happened?"

"He told me to go. So I'm going."

"He's just upset right now, Nikki."

"I haven't heard from him since Chels!" I said while stuffing my suitcase.

She started having her Jesus meeting on the other side of the phone. "Oh my Jesus, help me so I won't strangle this dude. I swear to God I will strangle him.." She whispered but I heard every word. "So what are your plans Nicole? What are you going to do?"

"I'm leaving. I'm just going to move back home Chelsea."

"Don't you like it here? Like I don't think you should move on the count of Dustin.."

"I didn't move out here because of Dustin. And it wasn't guaranteed that I would stay here forever, either. Plus, there would be no way for me to not run into Dustin. I would constantly see him and right now that's who I want to get away from." I zipped up my suitcase.

"Nicoleeeee," Chelsea whined.

I let out a small laugh. "I know. You want me to stay."

"I do but I am proud of Nicole. You're reaching your goals-- this is something that you've talked about for a long time so go for it. Don't worry about a fucking Dustin. You were about to put your dreams on hold for him. And to find out that he's just gonna let you go like that, really sucks. I know it hurts, Nicole so I support your decision to leave. You're my best friend.. And I am going to miss you here."

"Thanks Chels. I'm gonna miss you too."

"So what day are you going to leave?"

I sighed while sitting on the bed. "Tomorrow morning."

"Tomorrow?! I thought you said you weren't leaving until some time next week."

"I'm ready to go now."

"Nicole! I can't throw you a going away party, then I have to break the news to Khloe and Kelly and the rest of the brothers. Oh! And Patrick!"

"Patrick knows.. Actually he's gonna take me to the airport. I'll come back and get my car later."

"Aww, you have to see me before you leave."

"Of course I will." I smiled a little. It was good to know that my friends would miss me.

~ Dustin's Pov ~

My doorbell rang hysterically as I ran down the stairs to get it. Devin was standing in front of it when I made it down. He looked back at me and said, "I can't see who it is."