17

If I had no more time
No more time left to be here
Would you cherish what we have
--Alicia

-------------------------------------------------------

One year later..

~ Nicole's Pov ~

"We don't get to talk much Nicole. And usually when we do it's about Khloe and what she's gonna be doing in school." Chelsea told me as she sat across from me in my office.

I sighed. I was keeping myself busy. When I'm busy, I don't have time to think about life and what's going on in it.

Since the incident happened at Dustin's house, I will say that it's been okay. I just try not to think about what happened.

Khloe is almost five now and will be starting kindergarten when school starts back. She's a handful, but a smart cookie. She gets her sneakiness from her dad and her outstanding personality from her smart mouthed mom. Such a combination she will be in a classroom full of 30 five year olds.

"Chelsea, you know I've busy--"

"Too busy."

I eyed her and placed some papers down on my desk. "You know if I had time, I'd talk to you."

"What happened this summer? You like ran off and now that you're back I still don't see you. Did you think about me? Khloe? Dustin? Devin?" She went on. "Hell, even Patrick. You know he has a thing for you."

I rolled my eyes. Yes, Patrick tried to help me cope with dealing with the whole Dustin situation and he's actually been a good friend, but when I left at the end of May to visit my family I was only thinking of me.

"I was thinking of me Chels. Is that wrong?"

"Yes! It's selfish!"

"You just missed me, that's all."

"You're right, I did. But still-"

"Don't you have something to do? Somewhere to be?" I tried to tell her.

"Yes," she stood up and picked up her purse. "Just.. Be sure to come to Khloe's party. Can you do that?"

"Of course." I nodded.

I was glad to see her leave.

Chelsea has been bugging me about Dustin for quite sometime now. She doesn't fully know or understand what went on that day, but she sees how Dustin acts when they say my name.

She says he acts as if he hates me. And I couldn't deal with that. I still can't.

Dustin told me to get out of his house. He wanted me gone, so I removed myself from his life. He doesn't have to worry about me hurting him anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I tried to reach out to Dustin through other people and he just wasn't interested. So I completely left him alone and even though it hurt me a little, I've moved on from it.

But ever since Andrea died, Dustin's been a whole different person.

Like.. No one knows him anymore.

Well, that's what they told me.

~ Dustin's Pov ~

Rosa
Papi, thanks for last night. It was amazing! 😉

I smirked at the text and rolled over to Jaylin on the other side of my bed. Two girls in one night is new for me. Really new. If only I could've had them at the same time.