10.

Don't save her
She don't wanna be saved
- J Cole
------------------------------------------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

"Keep your eyes closed." I said to Drea as I held her eyes shut. She tried to pry my hands from her eyes as I walked with her slowly from the house to the outside.

"Dustin, stop it. Stop playing."

"I'm not. Devin, am I playing?"

"No!"

"Like he knows what you're talking about!"

"He does." I had Devin on my shoulders as he held on for dear life, choking the hell outta me.
"Open them!"

Over the past two weeks, I decided why the hell not get Andrea a car. Here was the woman I prayed for , to get better and here she was proving me that she could get on her feet day by day. Not once has she complained about a single thing so what better way to reward her and see her happy. Whatever she wants, I'll give her. She held her hands up to her face as she cried. "Dustin, thank you." She turned and hugged me before running off to her new car.

I didn't get her something too extravagant , just something dependable. Something useful to her and I must've made the right decision because she seemed to love it.

As for drugs, I haven't seen any. And I haven't seen any crack pipes lately either. Maybe I didn't throw all of them away; maybe I was just tripping about it and thinking that maybe she'd go back to the drugs and leave me again. That had to be what it was.

"Dustin, I'm going to take it for a spin!" She squealed from the car.

"Okay," but Devin screamed and held his arms out for her. "Take Devin with you."

"Oh, no! You keep him here. He needs his nap and there's no telling how long I'll be gone."

"Umm... Okay, I guess." I told her. "Atleast let me see you drive off in it." I smiled and she smiled back.

"Okay." She started the car and put it in drive and drove out of the driveway in it.

It was just perfect for her.

*******

*******

My doorbell rang and I got up to answer it. When Devin fell asleep I ended up falling asleep as well so I wasn't sure if Andrea had come back or not.

I opened the door to see a familiar face but I wondered what she was doing here. "Nicole..."

"Hey Dustin. Look, I didn't come to stay. I just came to drop something off for you. It's from Chelsea and since I was over this way, she told me to drop it off for you." She handed me a box and I took it from her.

I hadn't seen Nicole in forever. The day I asked her to hang with me, she wanted to reschedule but we never did. I guess she was too busy but she could've just told me that. "Thank you, I guess."