22.

I know you know that I made those mistakes maybe once or twice
And by once or twice I mean maybe a couple of hundred times
So let me, oh, let me redeem, oh, redeem, oh, myself tonight
'Cause I just need one more shot, second chances
Yeah
Is it too late now to say sorry?
--Justin Bieber

------------------------------------------------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

It's long overdue but apologies are in session.

It's been a few weeks since Devin's third birthday and none of the guys were really talking to me except Chelsea, but she has too.

Today was my day off and I planned to make it a productive one starting off with signing Devin up for preschool.

I was worried about him, nervous actually. But that was normal I guess. I mean, what if he doesn't preform like he's supposed to with the other kids.. But I guess I'll have to find out first.

"Daddy, where are we going?" Devin asked me as I strapped him in. I've been keeping him more lately and when he starts school, I'll be keeping him full time. Mom will pick him up from school when I can't. I wanted to be a better dad because I'm the only parent he has.

"I'm taking you to your new school first and then Daddy's got some gifts to buy and send out." I closed the door after securing him and getting back into my car.

I put my seatbelt on and Devin continued with the questions. "School? And gifts for me?" I started the car and pulled out of the driveway.

I laughed. "Not for you but you can be a big helper today and help daddy out. And yes, it's time for you to start school. You didn't think you were a big boy?" I looked at him in the rear view as I stopped at a stop sign.

"Well.. Maybe?" He said as if he was unsure.

"You got this man.. You'll be okay."

"I go today?"

"No, we're just going to sign up. Hopefully we get to meet your teacher and things but that's all today."

"Okay," he said. "But I don't think I should leave you home by your alone."

"By myself. Not by my alone."

"By myself?"

"Yourself."

"By yourself."

"Right and daddy will be okay. I'll be at work while you're at school most of the time so I won't be alone and missing you."

"I'll miss you too daddy."

"You better," I joked and Devin laughed.

We were getting along pretty good. He wasn't acting out as much and I had to realize that when he did act out it was because he was frustrated about Andrea not being here. I just had to calm him down.

And I knew I had to stop these fits as soon as I could because I didn't want him to end up like me. Which is why I decided that I needed to go ahead and right my wrongs.

We made it to the daycare and I went on inside with Devin. I held his hand as he walked shyly beside me. "Don't be shy, Dev. It's gonna be fine." I tried to tell him. I just hope he wouldn't react in a bad way.

"Hello, welcome to Bright Growers Daycare. Are you here to check the little one in?"

"No, I'm actually here to sign him up for school." I told the lady at the desk.