24.

Heard about all the things you've done
And all the wars that you've been in
Heard about all the love you lost
It was over before it began
Heard about all the miles you've gone
Just to start again
Heard about all that you've been through
It sounds like you need a friend, a friend
--Zayn
------------------------------------------------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

I went over to Chelsea's house to pick up Khloe to take her out to Chuck E. Cheese with Devin. I noticed that Nicole's car was there in the driveway when I pulled up.

"Daddy who's by Uncle K's house?"

"I don't know, let's go and see.." I said while getting out. Even though I already knew, I knew it would surprise him to see Nicole--I'm sorry his girlfriend.

I got him out and we both walked up to the door. I knocked and waited for someone to answer it.

"Hey you two.. Come on in. Khloe will be down in a minute. I don't know what's taking her so long." Chelsea said as we entered her house.

"Hey sis, what's up bro!" I nudged Kelly as I sat down beside him.

"Hey Tee! Hey Uncle K!" Devin waved as he sat down too.

"Nothing much.. What's up big man!" Kelly said. "Waiting on you to take baby girl."

"What y'all gone do?"

"Kelly's taking me somewhere but he won't tell me." Chelsea said as she sat down.

"Surprise baby. Be patient."

"Gosh, he knows I hate surprises. Anyways Dustin, we'll be gone for a while I'm sure so Khloe can just spend the night with you. If that's okay.."

"Of course it's okay. You know I keep Devin every night now. I'm full time daddy."

"Great. Hey, how about you go in the kitchen and check out the new set up." Chelsea said with a weird look in her eyes.

I watched as Kelly shook his head no quickly out the corner of my eye.

"What was that about?" I asked.

"Don't worry about Kelly.. Just go." She insisted.

I shrugged and got up and went.

"TT, who's car is that in the driveway?" Devin asked as I walked away.

That's when I realized how slick Chelsea was. Nicole was in the kitchen on a laptop. I stopped and stared at her until she noticed I was there.

She looked at me and then back to her computer. I thought she said Nicole was an adult.

"Hey to you too Dustin." She said as she typed away.

"Hey Nicole.. How are you?"

"I'm great.. Never better." She didn't even look up at me.

I opened my mouth to say something else but I couldn't due to Devin interrupting. He ran in.

"Daddy I --- Miss Nicole!" His eyes lit up and he ran over to her and hugged her.

"Hey Devin!" She laughed while hugging him back.

"I miss you. Thank you for my birthday present too."

"No problem sweetie and I've missed you too."

"Ooh, daddy can Miss Nicole go with us?"

I laughed. "I don't know, Devin.. Does Miss Nicole want to go with us?" I raised my brow at her Nicole and she rolled her eyes.