4.

"I only give you a hard time
'Cause I can't go on and pretend like
I haven't tried to forgive this
But I'm much too full of resentment."
-Beyoncé

------------------------------------------------------

~ Nicole's Pov ~

Chelsea laughed. "Girl, I'm telling you nothing happened last night."

"Oh yes it did, look at these messages." I moved over from the couch I was on to the recliner she was sitting at. We were sitting around at her house, talking about last night.

She grabbed the phone from me and read the message. "I told you I wasn't drunk, but Kelly was." She shrugged.

"But you were giggling at him.. Giving in to whatever he was saying."

"If Kelly got some from here last night, he'd still be here." She rolled her eyes.

I observed her. Even though she laughed about it earlier, now something was different. "What's wrong?"

She shifted her position on the couch. "What do you mean?"

"Chels, you know what I'm talking about. You and Kelly, what's going on?" I asked and she shook her head. "You guys have been arguing nonstop about nothing and you're not living together."

"We've never technically lived together. But nothing's wrong with us." She told me as she looked down at her phone.

"Somethings wrong.. And you're going to tell me!"

"No I'm not.." She began texting on her phone.

"So there is a problem?"

"What?"

"Chelsea, I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything." I looked at her and forced her to look up at me. Her eyes began to water and she looked away from me.

Chelsea was not one to talk about her problems and nor was Kelly. They were both too laid back for their own relationship. Even though I'm sure that everyone around the two could tell that there was a problem between them, they would never tell. "I have to go and get Khloe from Dustin's place." She said while wiping away a tear that fell. I knew she didn't want to talk about it anymore so I decided to let the situation go until another time. I nodded and decided to ride with her to Dustin's house.

My best friend hasn't said too much, she just let her music do all the talking as we rode silently to Dustin's house. She knocked on his door and waited, impatiently for him to open it. "Oh Chelsea, Nicole.. I wasn't expecting you two." Dustin had on an apron and a chef's hat. He had flour all over himself that caused me to chuckle a little bit.

"Dustin, you look crazy.. What are you doing?" Chelsea and I walked inside and he closed the door behind us all.

"Well I decided to play chef with the kids... Chef Khloe and I prepared breakfast." He said smiling and laughing at himself. "Be careful in the kitchen, it's a mess in there."

We walked into the kitchen and saw Khloe eating and feeding Devin all at the same time. "Mmm. Mm." Devin moaned.

I looked around at the kitchen and it was a mess but not as bad as he thought it was. It was nothing that couldn't be cleaned up.

"Khloe, what did you and your uncle do?" Chelsea said and Khloe turned around to see her mom.

"Mommy!" She got down out of her chair and ran to her to hug her. "Hi TT."

"Hey gorgeous." I said while smiling at her.

Devin squealed because no one was paying him any attention as he waved his spoon around with food all over his mouth. "Okay Devster! All these pretty ladies in here and you want them to see about you huh?" Dustin went over to release him from his high chair.