31.

Ayo, fuck this. Are we dating? Are we fucking? Are we best friends? Are we something? In between that?
-- Childish Gambino

-----------------------------------------------------

~ Nicole's Pov ~

I woke up and I prayed to God that Dustin would be gone. I didn't want to face him after what we did last night.

It was great, awesome even.. But it was way passed intimate.

I rolled over and was scared as I seen Dustin staring at me. "Ooh, Dustin.. You scared me."

"Sorry," he told me.

"How long have you been up... Staring at me." I asked feeling kinda weirded out.

"A couple hours. Once I collapsed and woke up, I've been up since. I can't stop thinking about what we did."

So maybe we both were on the same page. We both know what transpired and how it transpired.

"I could barely be sane about the first time Nicole, but now.. It's different now." He sat up.

"What are you trying to say?" I asked unsure of his direction.

"I'm saying that the sex we had last night was different. It was emotional, Nicole...." He trailed off, like he was scared to say something that might turn me away.

My heart sank and my stomach filled with nervousness as I waited for him to say something else.

"....and I liked it Nicole. No, I loved it."

I sat up and faced him. "Dustin.. I did too honestly. But where do we go from here?"

"Well we don't have to worry about everyone knowing our business, because they know now." He laughed. "But, if you don't want to make things official, it's fine. I mean, you know I have a lot of baggage that I come with. I've got a son and I'm still dealing with the death of Andrea -- I mean, I'm still trying to be the best me I can be for the next woman in my life. I don't want to bring all the emotions that I have now into something and it ruin it."

"What about all the extra hoes? Like Jaylin, Rosa, Tia and the unnamed ones?"

"I haven't heard from Jaylin or Rosa in forever and I plan on keeping it that way. Tia is a whole nother story that I have to tell you about."

"Now is the time.. Especially after you bringing her up in my house, watching her leave out and then not going after her.."

"Plus hooking up with you, right?" He laughed.
I rolled my eyes. "Okay let me tell you what happened and why Tia was dragged to your house last night. She finally decided that she wanted to respond to my message and talk to me. I met her last week at the park and I apologized to her but she told me I was going to make it up to her by taking her out on a date. It had to be this weekend and the barbecue was already set, so I brought her here."

"That's the stupidest thing--"

"She was going to pull Devin's files from the head start, meaning he wouldn't be enrolled in school and my money would go to waste. I had to agree until I can find another place for him to go." He shrugged. "I guess they'll be pulled when I take him on Monday."

"She can't do that. She's not over the center."

"I'm not putting anything passed her. She's been working there for years; she could get someone to do it. Like I said, I'll be looking for Dev somewhere else to go just in case she gets crazy."