5.

"You've been on my mind
I've been tryna let it go.
I've been tryna find
Something that's incredible
As you and I
But that's a never, no."
-Jhene Aiko

------------------------------------------------------

~ Dustin's Pov ~

Months have passed and Andrea is out of rehab. She did exactly what she said she would, be out before Devin's first birthday which was next week. I just got her things out of the car and watched her as she looked at the house from the outside, holding Devin in her arms. "I've missed this place. I've missed this life." She said while bouncing Devin in her arms.

I didn't say anything. Well, I didn't know what to say at this moment. I was really happy for Andrea to be out but I just couldn't wrap my head around her actually being here.. In front of me. I'm actually able to touch her, hug her if I wanted to. But did I want to?

We walked up to the door silently as Devin made a few noises and said a few words. He was way more rowdy now that his mom was holding him. I unlocked the door and we walked inside. "Everything looks the same. Just like I remembered it." She said as she looked back at me.

I set her stuff down and walked towards the stairs. She got the hint to follow me to our once before bedroom together. "I didn't move any of your things when you left Drea. I couldn't. So you can sleep in this room and I'll sleep in the room down the hall." I told her.

"No. No Dustin," she told me. "I will take the room down the hall. I'll gradually move all of my stuff out of here and put it in the other room. This is your house. And I'm only here until I can get up on my feet."

I looked at her and just stared. I agreed to let her come and stay in this house with me, not as a temporary thing. This was supposed to be permanent. What is she talking about right now? Leaving us, again? "Andrea, no. This is not a temporary situation."

"Yes it is and you know it is Dustin. You don't want me anymore so I know I can't live here forever. You're going to move on one day and want to start a family with someone that's better than me and I can't be in the midst of that."

She was right. As bad as I hated to admit it, she was right. Andrea and I would never be together again and I know most wouldn't understand why but she's caused me too much pain and too much hurt for me to just accept her with open arms again. I sighed and shook my head.

"Besides, I don't want to sleep in this bed. I know you've had all types of girls in here." She chuckled, trying to lighten up the mood.

"None of that will be going on while you're here... If you were wondering."

"I'm not worried. Like I said, this is your house." She told me.

She walked out of the room and I followed her into the other room. "He's sleeping.." She told me referring to Devin. "Aw, he's the cutest thing." She kissed his forehead a thousand times. I always knew that she'd be a good mother; a great mother but I didn't know that we'd be faced with such a drastic turn.

She laid Devin on the bed and sat with him and I leaned up against the wall. This would be the perfect time to talk to Andrea about everything. "Drea we should talk."

"Okay, I'm all ears." She told me.

"Well, first I want to say that I'm proud that you went through with rehab without a problem but I want you to know that things will never be the same between us."

"I know Dustin, you've told me a million times." She begin to get frustrated.

"No, I want you to listen to me. I want you to know that because of you we can't be the same anymore. I loved you.. And for some reason, you turned to drugs and made me fall out of love for you especially with you harming our son." I get emotional just thinking about it. "For these reasons, I will not let you be in the house alone with Devin. When I go to work, I'll take Devin to my mom's house unless she decides to come here and watch him and sometimes she keeps Khloe."