Chapter 107: Three Months For The Smiths

BAILEY'S POV

Today was Roxanne's three month appointment and we were going to meet her at her doctor's office. I started to tap my first, feeling nervous. I had been thinking about what my mom had said and had been worried about Roxanne loosing the baby. I really didn't think I could handle another miscarriage, it was just be too devesating for me to go on. We made it to the doctor's office and Onyx parked, turning off the car and opening his door.

"Come on Bailey, we're here."

"I'm not going."

"What?"

"I'm not going Onyx." I hadn't shared my feelings with Onyx.

"Bailey, that's our baby that we created, I'm not going in there without you."

"Well then I guess you should just drive away because I'm not going in."

"Why won't you go in Bailey?"

"I just can't Onyx. It's hard to explain, you'll think it's stupid."

"Bailey, you're my wife, the love of my life, the mother of my child, you can always tell me what's on your mind and I will never judge you. Now, can you please just tell me so we can get in there and look at our baby?"

"What if we lose it?"

"What?"

"I've been thinking about what my mom said and she's right. We should've never done this, we should've gone with adoption. What if Roxanne has a miscarriage Onyx! I won't be able to deal with that. I'll go into a deep fucking depression that I don't know how long it will take me to come out of! We find out the gender today, we're going to become too attatched and lose it again Onyx!"

"Bailey, yes, there's a risk of Roxanne miscarrying, I'm not going to give you false hope, but there's nothing we can do about it now. Our baby is already inside of her so we're just going to have to wait and see what happens. If you want, we won't find out the gender today, we can wait until later, or even until the baby is born. Now, can we please just get in there? Roxanne is waiting for us." I sighed.

"Fine, let's go." He smiled and kissed my lips, getting out of the car. I got out and closed the door, meeting back up with Onyx and grabbing his hand, walking into the building.

"Bailey! Onyx!" Roxanne exclaimed, hugging the both of us.

"Hey." I laughed, placing a hand on her growing bump. "Someone's getting big."

"I know." She giggled.

"Only six more months." Onyx said and Roxanne nodded. We sat ddown and I spent the next few minutes talking to Roxanne until she was called. We got up and followed her, Onyx and I pulling two chairs up to the table and sitting down. The doctor walked in and smiled at the three of us, sitting down in his stool and pulling the machine over.

"How are you today Roxanne?"

"Fine."

"How about you Bailey and Onyx?" He asked, turning on the machine and setting it up.

"Fine." We both said as he grabbed the gel. He squeezed it onto Roxanne's stomach and moved the machine around, pointing out the baby and the heartbeat.

"Would you guys like to know the gender?" Roxanne looked at us and Onyx looked at me. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yeah." He continued to look at the screen.