Chapter 23: Blade's Moving Day

BLADE'S POV

I closed the last of the boxes, looking around at my empty room. I was going to miss this place but I'm ready to start a life with Gabe. My dad's been on the couch all morning, moping. I knew this was hard for him but he'll get over it, at least he still has Bailey.

My thoughts were interupted by Gabe snaking his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder.

"Hey there beautiful." He said in my ear, kissing my jawbone.

"Haha hey." I chuckled.

"Are these boxes ready to be taken down?" I nodded.

"Great." He said, letting go of me and picking up a box, taking it down the stairs. I sat down on the bed, sighing and taking one final look at my room that I've had since I was born. I got up and picked up another box, carrying it down the stairs. We finally got the car packed and walked back into the house.

"All packed." I said as my mom walked over to me. She just smiled and hugged me tightly.

"I'm going to miss you so much baby girl." She said with tears in her eyes.

"I'll miss you too mom." I said with a smile, hugging her again. "We're not very far though." She nodded and wiped her eyes.

"Andy! Blade's leaving!" She called into the living room. I heard groaning as my dad got off the couch and walked into the entryway. He forced a smile as he apporached me, his eyes red and puffy.

"I'll miss you Blade." He said with a smile, his voice cracking. He wrapped his arms around me tightly, digging his face into my shoulder. "I love you so much."

"I love you too dad and I'll miss you as well." I smiled as he took his face away, tears rolling down his cheeks. "Aww, dad! You're making me cry!" I exclaimed, wiping away a couple tears.

'I should've known this day would come." He said, just looking down at me. "Now you're all grown up and... I just can't believe it. God I'm old." He chuckled, unwrapping his arms from around me.

"I promise I'll visit often, I'm not even that far away." I said, standing up on my toes and kissing his cheek. 

"I love you Blade, bye baby girl." He said as he made his way over to Gabe.

"I love you daddy." I said as Bailey came towards me.

ANDY'S POV

I walked over to Gabe and forced a smile.

"I trust you'll take good care of my daughter?" He nodded.

"Yes sir, I promise I will protect her with my life. The area the apartment is in is very safe as well."

"Good, I'll miss you both very much. I've gotten really attatched to you over the years, I can't wait for you to become part of our family."

"I can't wait either and I've always been attatched to you." He chuckled. "God that sounded creepy." He mumbled.

"No worries, I know what you meant." He smiled a relieved smile. "Well, I guess this is goodbye?" He nodded and opened his arms. I smiled and hugged him quickly. The three of us waved to them as they drove out of the driveway. We then walked back in the house and I just collapsed on the floor with a loud groan.

"Just go upstairs Bailey." I heard Harley whisper. I laid there for five minutes, not having the energy to get up. I silently sobbed, I didn't know Blade leaving would hit me this hard. I finally got up and made my way up the stairs and into Blade's blank room. All of a sudden, the room was filled again. It looked like it did when she was five. I smiled, walking around the room, a memory everywhere.

"Daddy!"

I heard a small voice call. I looked around, seeing no one. Finally, I looked at the bed to see little five year old Blade.

"Daddy!" She called again, waving. I waved, a smile on my face. She quickly disapeared and as I looked around the room, I saw a memory everywhere. I stepped out of the room and walked back downstairs, going into my room. I collasped onto the bed and fell asleep.

BLADE'S POV

We arrived at the complex and each grabbed a box, heading up the stairs and looking for our apartment. We found it and Gabe pulled out his keys, finding the apartment keys and unlocking it. He opened the door and I gasped as I walked inside. I put the box down and took a look around. There was a good sized living room with a connected kitchen, a breakfast bar seperating the two.

I walked down the hallway to see two rooms and a bathroom. I walked into an average sized room that was completey empty and had a small closet. I walked into the other room which was slightly bigger and had a connected bathroom. It had a small walk-in closet as well.

"You like?" I turned around to see Gabe leaning in the doorway with a small, sunglasses propped on top of his head. I smiled and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"I love it." I said with a smile, placing a kiss on his lips. "Come on, let's bring in the rest of the boxes." I said, wiggling out of his grip. I sprinted down the stairs, causing him to run after me. He grabbed a couple boxes and I did the same, hoping for this to be the last trip. I was halfway up the stairs when I saw Gabe at the top.

"Need help?" He asked.

"No." I said strained and he just shrugged, walking back to the apartment. Once I reached the top, my knees started to get week.

"GABE!" I yelled, standing in one spot. "GABE!" I yelled again. I heard footsteps and saw Gabe take two boxes off my pile. "Ha, thanks." I giggled, straightening out my back. We walked into the apartment and placed the boxes down.

"Hello?" I heard a familliar voice call. I turned around to see Alex standing at the doorway. "Blade?" Suddenly, I heard banging and crashing from down the hall. It wasn't long before Brandon appeared next to Alex.

"Blade?" He asked like he couldn't believe it. "You live in this complex?" I nodded.

"We just moved in, obviously." I chuckled, gesturing to the boxes.

"We live right down the hall." He said, pointing.

"Really?" He nodded. "Awesome!" Just as he was about to respond my phone rang. "Hey dad." I chuckled.

"Hey baby girl, you guys moved in yet?"

"Yeah, we just unloaded the last of the boxes."

"Great! How do you like your place?"

"It;s great! I'll have to call you back, we're talking with neighbors."

"Alright, bye, love you."

"Love you too daddy." I said as I hung up.

"I never though you would have ever moved out of the house." Brandon chuckled and I just nodded.

"They took it hard, espically dad, but yeah, we did." I giggled, leaning into Gabe.

"Alright, well, I guess we'll be getting back to our place. Just call us if you need us." Brandon said, giving us their apartment number and heading back with Alex. I unpacked a couple boxes before collapsing onto the floor.

"I'm exausted!" I groaned as Gabe layed next to me. He just wrapped his arm around my waist and started to kiss my neck. "Mmmm Gabe, not now." I said, trying to push him away but he just got closer. "We don't even have a bed." I giggled.

"Doesn't matter." He said, making his kisses rougher. He grabbed the bottom of my shirt, just as someone knocked on the door. "Damnit." He mumbled, getting up and opening the door. "Furniture guy!" Gabe called as he walked out. Twenty minutes later, all of our furniture was loaded into the apartment.

"I'm going to bed." I said as I collapsed onto the mattress.

**********************************************************************************************

SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG D':

20 COMMENTS FOR NEXT CHAPTER!