Chapter 31: Hunter And New Hair Colors

BRANDON'S POV

I heard a knock on my office door and got up to go answer it.

"Hello?" I asked the two people standing outside my door.

"Hi, I'm Lisa and this is my son Hunter. They sent us over to you?"

"I think I remember that name, hold on." I said, going to get my notebook. "Ahh yes. By the way, I'm Brandon." I said, extending my hand to the both of them. "Hunter, why don't you come in and have a seat." He somberly walked in. I could tell he really didn't want to be here, then again, no one does. I turned bakc around to face his mom. "Sessions are usually about an hour long. You can either wait out there or leave and come back."

"All right, see you Hunter." He gave a small, quick wave. She walked away and I closed my door, walking over to the boy and sitting in front of him.

"Look, I know you don't want to be here. I didn't want to go when I was younger but I had to."

"Y-You had to go to therapy?" I nodded. "W-why?"

"If I tell you, will you tell me why you're here?" He nodded. "I was successful at suicide but came back to life. Now, why are you here?" He sighed.

"My mom found out I cut and she wen't ballistic. It was either this or a mental ward."

"Ahh, now we're getting somewherre." I said with a smile.

"Why did you kill yourself." I sighed.

"Let's just say I was a really stupid thirteen year old." I chuckled. "My girlfriend cheated on me and I thought it was the end of the world. But, we can talk about me later, right now, it's all about you. How old are you Hunter?"

"Fourteen." I nodded.

"Just so you know, you should feel comfortable talking to me about anything. No one can hear you outside this door and nothing will leave this room unless I need to report it, which, I don't think I will need to. Don't think of me as your therapist, just pretend like you're talking to a friend."

"I don't really have much friends." He shrugged. "Nobody at school likes my music."

"Ahh, are you in middle or high school?"

"High school."

"Ooh, freshman?" He nodded. "Well, what kind of music do you like?"

"You wouldn't know any of the bands, they're mostly older, it's basically rock."

"I bet I will, give me a few names."

"Uhhh, my favorite is Black Veil Brides." I smiled.

"Oh really now?" He nodded. "I just so happen to love Black Veil Brides!"

"Really?" I nodded. "Prove it."

"Do you mind if I take off like, half of my shirt?" He shook his head. I threw my notebook onto the ground and slipped one of my arms out of the sleeve, showing off my tattoo.

"Woah." He said, leaning closer to look at it.

"Got it on my 14th birthday." I said, putting my shirt back on.

"How?"

"My dad was a really loyal customer to this local tattoo shop."

"Lucky!" I shrugged. 

"Yeah. Now let's talk about you for a while, can you tell me why you cut yourself Hunter? And for how long?" He sighed.

"My parents went through a really nasty divorce when I was ten, which caused my self harm, and then, after the divorce was final, he just up and left which caused me to fall into depression. Not like you know anything about that."