Chapter 82: Moving

Chapter 82: Moving

BRANDON'S POV

"Alex! The moving truck is here!" I called. Alex had agreed to lift the light stuff like the light boxes and put them in the car and the truck when we ran out of room. Everybody came over to help, including all of the BVB guys, their wives, Blade and Gabe and Bailey and Onyx. My grandma came down to watch the kids for us while we loaded the truck.

My dad and I jumped into the truck to grab stuff from people as they brought it down. We had decided to rent our own truck since we had enough people to help load and unload. I saw Jake and Gabe coming with the couch and we grabbed it from them, pulling it to the back of the truck.

Every now and then I would peek out of the truck to see how Alex was doing. She'd look over at me and smile, putting a smile on my face.

About halfway through, I was ready to be done, but I knew we still had to unload everything into the new house. I was determined to get everything over there today. My dad and I jumped out of the truck as we pushed the last box into the truck. I closed it, allowing my dad to start it up so he could drive it over. My mom and Bailey got into the truck with him while I went over and got in the car with Alex, who wasn't in there.

"I'll be right back!" I called, going back up the stairs. i went into our empty apartment and looked around. I remember when it looked like this, seven years ago.

"God." I mumbled under my breath, looking around. I smiled as all of the memories from this apartment flashed into my mind. I heard Camryn speaking nonsense and followed the sound to my bedroom. I saw Alex sitting on the floor, playing and talking to Camryn.

"Alex, everything's loaded up and we're heading to the house. You okay?" She took a deep breath and nodded, looking at me.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just wanted to sit in here one last time." I nodded, crouching down to her level.

"I know how you feel, I walked in here and it hit me. This is the last time I'm going to walk in here. But, you know what? This is a good thing. We're closer to my parents and closer to my job." I said with a smile and she nodded again. "Come on, let's get going." I said, standing up and holding my hand out to her. She smiled at me and held Camryn tightly to her body as she stood up. I pecked Alex's lips and placed my hand on her stomach with a smile. She continued to smile as she kissed my lips one more time and headed towards the front door. I took one final look at our old home before closing the door and turning in the keys.

I got into the car, with Alex this time, and we all drove over to the new house and I grabbed Alex's hand as we were driving.

"How are you feeling?"

"Good." She smiled. "I'm excited to see the paint in person." The fumes had finally all cleared out so Alex was able to go in. We didn't want to do anything to risk the health of the baby.

"I personally think it looks really good." I said with a proud smile. We pulled into the driveway and we began to unload everything. Alex's job was to carry in the light boxes and we agreed we would unpack later.Once all the boxes were out, my dad and I climbed in to start handing off furniture. Finally, the truck was fully unloaded and I sat at the edge, drinking some water.

"I'm happy for you yet sad at the same time." Blade said with a slight chuckle as she hugged me. "I really don't want you to leave me again Brandon."

"I know Blade, but I'm not too far away. I want you to let me know when Blake starts walking or talking, alright? Record it for me."

"I will." She smiled and I smiled back, kissing her forehead.

"Someday, this will be you, moving into a new house." I said with a smile.