Chapter 62: Onyx

Chapter 62: Onyx

BAILEY'S POV

"I-I don't want to go out there." I said, bitting my lip. I had to announce to everyone that Sam was no longer in the band. Jake was filling in again because guitarist tryouts wern't going so well.

"You'll do just fine." My dad said, giving me a little nudge. My band and Jake walked out and I took a deep breath before following them.

"How you guys doing tonight?" The crowd cheered. "You May notice that Sam is still not on stage with us." I took a deep breath and bit my lip. "Sam is no longer in the band because of personal reasons. Go ahead, record me saying that so you have proof. Sam is no longer apart of Stormy Copper and he will never be in this band again. We are currently trying our hardest to find a new guitarist but it's not easy. In the mean time, Jake's been nice enough to help out with live shows. I hope you guys understand. This is Burn." My band started to play and I waited until it was my turn to sing.

After the show, we had a signing. We sat down behind a table and greeted the fans as they handed stuff over to sign.

"Hi." This one boy said, waving. He handed over his poster with a big smile.

"Hi!" I said, signing his poster.

"I just wanted to say that Stormy Copper is my favorite band."

"Aww, thank you!"

"I also heard that you guys needed a new guitarist and I think I can play guitar pretty well."

"Better than Sam?"

"Possibly." I smiled.

"Okay, give me your poster." He handed it to me and I wrote my number under my signature. "Text me as soon as possible so I can get your number. What's your name?

"Onyx."

"Onyx?" He nodded.

"O-Y-N-X. Onyx, like the rock?"

"Oh yeah, that's interesting." I said with a smile, handing his poster back to him. He walked away, allowing the next person to come down to me. We went through the rest of the fans and once I got home, I looked at my phone.

?- Hey, its Onyx. The fan from tonight :)

Bailey- Hey! I'll talk 2 the girls tomorrow bout meeting up with u and listening 2 u play. How old r u?

Onyx- 18, almost 19

Bailey- Awesome :) Anyway, I'm tired so I'm going to bed, nite

Onyx- Nite

The next morning, I sent a text out to the three girls

Bailey- Meet @ my house @ noon. I need 2 talk 2 u

All the girls replied with some type of agreement and showed up at my house at noon. I took them up to my room and quickly texted Onyx.

Bailey- Send me a pic of u

He did and I smiled, locking my phone.

"So, what are we here for?" Alyx wondered.

"You know how we've had trouble finding a new guitarist?" They nodded. We had two auditons and about 100 people came through but they didn't have that special something. I felt like Onyx did, just from looking at him.

"Yeah, what about it?" Camari asked.

"I think I found someone."

"Really?" Roxanne asked and I nodded.