Chapter 40: Anniversary

BRANDON'S POV

"Hey mom." I smiled as I opened the door, hugging her. I let her in and my dad followed her. "I'll go get Alex." I said, walking to our bedroom. "My mom's here, come on." I said, sitting on the bed next to her.

"I don't know if I can leave Camryn, Brandon, not yet."

 "Babe, you need some time to yourself. You haven't been seperated from Camryn since the day she was born. I took two weeks off work to help out, I'm going back in a week. Let me help out since I'm home. You're not going to have me 24/7 for much longer. You should use this week to get a little Alex time." I smiled, kissing her cheek.

"Okay, just let me say goodbye." She said, reaching into the bassinet and picking her up. "Mommy's going to miss you so much." She cooed.

"Okay, give her to me."

"Don't rush me." She said through gritted teeth. I held my hands up in surrender as she walked out of the room, continuing to talk. "Here." She said, hannding Camryn off to me.

"Ooh, let me see her!" My mom begged, reaching out her arms. My dad sighed and rolled his eyes, causing her to glare at him. I handed Camryn over and she smiled, playing with her hands. "Awwh, she has your eyes Brandon!" My mom exclaimed.

"Well, I guess she has to have something from me." I shrugged.

"Too bad you didn't get anything from me." She said with a slight chuckle.

"Hey I got your...hair color. Unlike blondie over here."

"Hey." He said with a small smirk, pointing at me. My mom handed Camryn back to me, almost reluctantly.

"Alright, well, we should get going." My mom said, tucking the pieces of hair, that fell out of her ponytail, behind her ears. Alex and my mom were going to go to the gym to work out while my dad and I stayed home to watch Camryn.

"Okay, bye Camryn, bye Brandon." She said, kissing Camryn's forehead and then kissing my lips.

"Bye." I said. My parents kissed and then the girls left. "You can go ahead and sit, I just have to put Camryn back to bed." I said, pointing to the couch. I walked back into my room and placed her in the bassinet, walking back into the living room and sat next to my dad.

"So, how's being a father been?" My dad asked with a chuckle.

"Tiring." I said, trying to rub all the sleep out of my eyes. "Alex keeps making me get up, even if it's a feeding. I have to wake her up and hand Camryn over to her." He nodded.

"At least you dont have a newborn along with multiple trips to the hospital with a sick baby." I just chuckled. "Your mom would run you to the emergency room every time you had a cough or would call the doctor when you sneezed." We both just laughed.

"So what's going on between you and mom, I noticed some hostility and tenseness." He looked at me and I burst into laugher. "Sorry, it's the therapist in me, but tell me!" I begged. He just sighed and look down at his hands.

"Oh, when we came home from the hospital, she was talking to me about having another kid."

"What?" He nodded.

"She said she missed having a baby of her own and Camryn reminded her of how much she missed it and that you kids are all grown up. She then reminded me of how upset I was when Blade moved out and at Bailey's graduation."