[41] red+blue

Taehyung felt more comfort the following morning, finally able to open his eyes completely. His body ached a little less, though it still was excruciating to move. The highest level of pain medication he could take also seemed to do the trick, alongside frying any functioning he was previously capable of. He didn't speak with anyone for the whole day, only remembering Hoseok coming in to give him the same medication. Whether he even acknowledged the older boy's presence Taehyung was unable to remember.

By the time the sun began to set and the day began to darken Taehyung was bored out of his mind, searching aimlessly around the room for something to occupy himself. There was nothing. He had never realised how boring Jungkook was. Whenever the boy had been with him, he was always happy and bubbly. But his room made him look like an adult who was obsessed with their work as there was absolutely nothing even remotely personal about it. Nothing that resembled a fifteen year old's room.

"I missed you." He snapped his head towards the door, concentration pulled towards the words echoed in his mind. The voice brought an immediate peace to every ounce of his body. Not thinking, he shuffled towards the end of the bed and began to sit up slowly, face screwing up as blinding pain whited out his vision. But he needed to see the owner of the voice so swung his legs over his bed.

"Are you feeling better?" He grabbed onto the bed post, lifting himself up and gripping on for dear life as he swayed back and forth.

"Well I'm not dying so that's a good sign." He stumbled half way across the room before collapsing onto the floor, breathing labored as the effort of simply standing up could practically knock him out.

"You really know how to match the mood with your humour don't you Kookie." The voices were getting closer, Taehyung brought his face down to the floor, pressing himself to it as he groaned to try and suppress the pain that felt like someone was tearing his insides out of him.

"It's either that or crying, so I'll take the humour. Dad said he'd been awake! Can I see him?!"

"Fuck," Taehyung gasped through a particularly heavy breath, looking up into the mirror to see just how awful he looked.

"Sure, just be careful with him, he's been in and out, so his memory may not be great." Taehyung braced himself (which was a whole other level of pain in itself) looking up through anguished eyes as the door creaked open. The sight that met him made him have a double take but he couldn't take in much before the young boy was in his face, sputtering worried words.

"Taehyung! Oh my god what are you doing?! Hoseok told you to stay still, you'll hurt yourself more!" Jungkook tried his best to lift him, but there really was no use, he was still incredibly weak. He fell back from his attempts, breathing heavily as he avoided the concerned and curious gaze of Taehyung's soft brown eyes.

"What happened to you?" Taehyung managed to whisper, reaching out for Jungkook's hand. But the boy pulled away immediately, wrapping his hands into his jumper as he pushed himself to his feet.

"I... I am going to get Hoseok to help you, he'll be more help than I am." Taehyung heard the doubt and fear in his words as he turned to leave.

"Don't go," Taehyung whispered desperately, just as Jungkook's hand reached for the door handle. He paused, then slowly swivelled on his feet so that he was facing the person he had spent weeks craving, but was now so terrified to see. Taehyung savoured his every feature, but he couldn't help frowning at the sight of his drawn in features and how drained he looked. "You haven't been eating... Come here." Jungkook shook his head, stepping backwards instead. It hurt to see how worried the young boy was, how fragile he seemed. Taehyung held out his hand, leaving it there even if the action took up a most of his energy.