[11] yellow

Taehyung
Jimin I need you
Please... it hurts... I need you

I don't know where you are, but you haven't spoken to me in awhile. I hope you are okay. Just thought I'd let
you know that I'm not...

__________

Taehyung stared down at his pitiful messages, reading over them as he longingly waited. It had been three days, since he'd last seen his best friend. In normal occasions, Jimin would visit him on weekends, as he knew his unfortunate friend couldn't go anywhere. But this time there was no one to tap lightly on his window, no one to leave heartfelt messages.

Taehyung was in pain. It was a blend of mental and physical because he had in fact been punished for being late home on the Friday. What had made it worse was the phone call his father had received. The one that had so subtly asked if his father had been abusing him. Of course, he used his charm and silver words yo act and play off the situation. As if he was the sweetest man in the world. But there was much controversy to the harsh reality.

__________

Two days later, Taehyung still didn't dare go back to school. There were bruises on his face, and scars and cuts on his hands.  He'd rather throw himself off a building then have people question why he had them.

Jimin still had not replied, nor even taken a quick glance at the messages. Taehyung had sent one more, one he wished to unsend, feeling guilt ridden for sending such a thing.

You hurt me...

__________

Taehyunh sat in class, his head hung low as he wrote down every word the teacher said. He had final examinations on the horizon. If he failed those, he'd have to redo a year, that was if he lived to return.

Jimin was nowhere to be found. Taehyung had been so desperate, he was close to asking one of the boys friends. But his anxiety got the better of him, silence being the only thing he spoke.

__________

Taehyung was sitting alone where he'd usually sit with jimin, now vacant for anyone to sit. It made him nervous to think someone could sit down and start talking to him. Something that he knew would cause an immense panic attack.

Now, that did happen. But the person was somewhat a stress relief, even if the boy was a ball of stress to begin with.

"Tae!"

"Don't call me that" Taehyung didn't need second thoughts to identify the pitch of the 15 year olds voice, or the quick paced words that were blurted from his mouth, or the adorably cute accent.

"Oh, I'm sorry," Jungkook took the vacant seat with no permission, simply setting himself down, a pile of books replacing where he should've been holding a tray of food. Taehyung wasn't one to complain, as he found the movement all too familiar.

"I ... I don't like nicknames from strangers." Jungkook's cheeks flushed, as he coughed slightly out of embarrassment.

"Of course, sorry, I just ... thought we were friends." Taehyung stared down at his book he'd been reading, eyes blurring as the word friends formed a lump in his throat. God he was such an asshole to this boy. "WhT happened to your hands?" Jungkook asked curiously, reaching out unconsciously to touch them. The movement earned an immediate yell from Taehyung as he pulled away and tucked his hands into his shirt,

"Watch what you're doing! People have boundaries you know!" He saw the way Jungkook flinched back after being yelled at, his eyes dropped to the floor as he seemed to curl in on himself.

"I... I'm sorry..." Jungkook whispered, grabbing his belongings and standing up hurriedly. Guilt overtook Taehyung as he watched his own fear reflected in the young boy now desperately trying to collect all of his things into his arms. He knew the boy was just curious.

"Shit, I need to control myself. Jungkook!" The boy turned around at the call of his name, his face shadowed as he waited for another form of punishment, other than simply being yelled at. Taehyung saw his hesitation, waving the boy back down. He  knew the boys actions, as they were a mirrored version of himself. Awaiting  punishment from others... Taehyung hoped the boy didn't go through what he did. "It's okay, please come sit back down. Im sorry I'm in a foul mood..." Jungkook gave a meek smile, uttering a soft reply,

"Sorry I'm such a nuisance to you. I won't bother you again..."

"Please don't apologise, it's my fault. I've just... I've been a mess lately," he admitted that he in fact was a complete wreck. Everything that was happening, it was too much, even if it was so little.

"What's happened? I can see you're distressed by it." Jungkooks eyes flickered down to his hands, but bit his lip and held his tongue as he watched Taehyung hum as he stuffed his book back into his bag, being careful not to bend or damage the pages.

"It's nothing really... I've just... nevermind. You won't want to hear me complaining." Jungkook frowned, resting his head on the books.

"Huh? Don't be silly. I didn't come sit with you for you to tell me I'm not worth your time. People may see me as a child, but I can still listen." Taehyung smiled at the boy's reply, playing with his finger out of nerve.

"I... well my friend... Jimin, he just hasn't been speaking to me. I think it's my fault, I yelled at him for an unnecessary reason, then messaged stupid and heartless words." Jungkook nodded slowly, smiling as he opened up his notebook, writing down exactly what taehyung had just told him, then a colour. "Hey, what are you doing?" Taehyung kept his tone steady as to not scare the boy, but inside he was panicking.

Jungkook shifted uncomfortably in his chair when he looked up to see the black pools in the older boy's frightened eyes. Be he didn't move away.

"I want to keep track of the stuff you tell me, and what colour your eyes turn when you say them." He paused, realisation hitting him, "If you don't mind that is..."

Taehyung's bemused expression broke into a smile, when he saw the boy blush evidently.

"Oh. I guess if you're curious ... Go ahead."  Jungkook smiled, a cute, pure and excited smile.

"Thank you, I will make sure to stay out of your way, I won't bother you about it I promise! Yhank you for letting me do this,  I've been so curious." Taehyung couldn't help but chuckle, going to offer for the boy to stay a little longer as he stood up. But the curious kid was too caught up in his thoughts and ecstasy that he paid no attention.

Though it left Taehyung alone, it also left a smile- one that hadn't been seen for awhile. The bright sparkling yellow, hardly seen, now flickering in his eyes. Jimin would have been overjoyed by the sight...

"Thank you... Jungkook."
__________