[51] found

Taehyung crawled over Jungkook's curled up body, being delicate and quiet as to not wake the sleeping boy. The sun had not even risen yet by the time he had woken up, mind whirring with a flurry of emotions and thoughts. This place conflicted every human feeling. A place where he found safety, and yet felt on edge 24/7. A place where he had someone he loved, and someone he despised. There was a bitter-sweetness that came with the concept of him leaving. It meant he would finally have a home, yet it would mean no longer sharing a bed with his boyfriend. The one that clung to him in his sleep, and kissed him goodnight without ever missing a single day.

With his fingers lingering on the boy for a moment to feel the slowness of his breath, he turned and stepped lightly over Jimin's place on the floor. He watched how his best friend's body shuddered in fault of the fresh and cold air. Taking the blanket at his feet, he pulled it up over the boy and tucked it around him. Jimin was leaving today, it was strange to not spend every waking minute with the person he'd spend half of his life with. To know that he would be leaving for an unknown period of time. Maybe they hadn't resolved everything that had tested their friendship, but Taehyung had faith that he could process it all with time. Thoughts lingering, he made his way over to his share of the closet Jungkook owned to find himself something to wear.

After taking a brisk shower, he walked into the kitchen to grab himself something to eat. Not expecting to see anyone awake, his body tensed when he saw Jungkook's father and Hoseok both seated at the table, speaking quietly over coffee. Hoseok looked up the moment he entered, greeting him with a smile.

"Morning," he whispered quietly, his father turning in response.

"Taehyung, good to see you. Early start?" He nodded, grabbing a glass and filling it up with some juice from the fridge. "What are you up to today?" He bit his tongue, anxious mind struggling to verbalise his thoughts. He tried to focus his attention on Hoseok, knowing he was more comfortable speaking to him.

"Meeting Hakyeon," he whispered, reaching into the medicine cupboard to grab some low pain killers to ease the stiff pain he still felt in his ribs and neck. "I'm sorry if I upset your m-"

"Tae, don't apologise for that nonsense," Hoseok cut him off before he could finish his sentence, standing up to bring him into a hug. "Jungkook and I understand your pain more than anyone. Whilst she may be messed up, he will always be grateful to her. She saved him. But that doesn't discount the amount of pain she has caused." He rubbed Taehyung's back soothingly, whispering the words so his father didn't hear. "In my opinion, she's an ass, but she's still my mother."

"Thank you ... Hoseok," Taehyung replied quietly, unsure how to react to the brother hugging him. He had seen the affection the older had towards his younger brother, it was something he had always admired and appreciated. "I need to go wake Jungkook now, good luck with your first day tomorrow." Hoseok smiled, pulling away but not before ruffling his still damp hair up.

"Thanks, you too. I hope Hakyeon can be what you need for the next three years. I know it will never feel the same but ... you will always have us."

__

Waking Jungkook up had to be one of the hardest tasks Taehyung had yet to master. Because the boy was not only a heavy sleeper, but also an incredibly cute one. Tucked into the blankets, he had his arms wrapped around his stuffed bunny as a replacement for his missing boyfriend, lips pulled into a pout and eyes fluttering as he dreamt about something beyond this world. But Jungkook had insisted that he wanted to come with him, so they'd both have to be ready before he could leave.