[47] pink

Kim Taehyung had never felt the way someone would feel when they were in love. He'd never had someone to kiss him goodnight, to care for him in his darkest hours. No one had ever taken the time to dry away his tears, so he'd just let them fall. Then someone did, holding a light that brightened those hours of shadows and sorrow. He brought a smile that could not be wiped away, would catch the tears the other could not. He was there for Taehyung even if he didn't have to be.

Jeon Jungkook. The boy who made sadness seem like a mere fairytale, and yet he had lived more sadness than most would live in a lifetime. Having lived those fears that reflected Taehyung's own, he was able to hold that light in front of Taehyung's glowing eyes, revealing a path forward away from the suffering he believed was all there could ever be.

Standing here now, with that boy held tight in his arms, the two shared a moment Taehyung had never thought would happen.

An act of pure affection. One that brought those tears Taehyung had been holding back for so damn long cascading down his cheeks as he pulled Jungkook closer. Fingers carved through the boy's hair, his lips so incredibly soft and delicate. The sincere and meaningful diligence to each of his actions as Jungkook kept a hand holding Taehyung's cheek, the other tracing shapes into his back.

He knew he should shut his eyes and savour the feeling. Instead Taehyung stared at Jungkook's tightly clamped eyes, smiling into the shared kiss as he pressed back more forcefully, pushing until Jungkook's back collided with the backboard of his desk. Once owning little to no confidence and a heart full of anxiety and worry, it could not be seen now. Sparked with a new flame that burned like a grass fire. It erupted into these intense feelings he'd only ever felt with things like fear and anger. But now, that intense feeling was of love.

"You're crying," Jungkook whispered, pulling back. Taehyung had never felt so anguished to feel no contact.

"Yes I am," he choked, fingers clawing at the front of the boy's shirt as he brought their faces back together, "now please shut up and kiss me again." He didn't wait for an answer, being the one to initiate the kiss, lips pressed to another's that tasted of a faint mint. Soft fingers brushed his cheeks, tracing the outline of his eyes and every crook and crevice on his face.

"Why are you like this Tae? Why does it have to be you?" Jungkook broke the kiss, letting Taehyung rest his head on his chest. His fingers continued to brush lightly over Taehyung's soft skin as he continued to whisper words that the other sensed were filled with doubt and conflict. "Why? Out of everyone who could've been perfect, why did it have to be the one person I couldn't have..." Taehyung didn't understand the turmoil of words, sparking curiosity as he verbalised his befuddlement.

"What does that mean Jungkook?" The younger let out a bitter chuckle, lifting his head to stare up at Taehyung with pained eyes. That bright pink that reflected in the other's eyes only worsened his pain as he shuddered a gasp.

"I want you to be happy, I really do, Tae. I know you need a family, a home. I know that means everything to you... and I know it's selfish, but I don't want you to have my family. I don't want us to be brothers. I can't. Because if I have you here..." he looked around the room that they were sitting in before returning to the pink irises staring fondly at him. "Then I can't have you here," he lowered his hand from Taehyung's cheek to rest it on his own chest, just above his heart. He dropped his head in shame and Taehyung finally came to realise what the boy was hinting at.

"You... you love me?" Why it had come as such a shock to him he didn't know. To see how flustered Jungkook became by simple words and gestures was an indication in itself. The unclear confession he had just given was definitely an amount of certification towards the situation. He watched Jungkook's shoulders slump and his chest heave whilst the rest of him stayed perfectly still. Hair cascaded across his face as he kept his hands close to his chest.  "Jungkook," Taehyung grabbed the boy's jaw gently, lifting it with such delicacy that Jungkook's heart nearly burst through his ribcage as he stared up at the bright and alluring pink that had him feeling a whole array of different emotions.

"Y- yes... I mean maybe... I don't know..." he stumbled over his words, each small action of diligence Taehyung offered turning his face an even darker pink than the other's irises. He was scared of the response he'd get upon seeing Taehyung's shocked expression. Afraid that the closed off seventeen year old would yell at him, wouldn't accept him. Sure, they were friends, they were close. Taehyung cared for him, he made that clear. But he had no reason to believe those feelings of care were romantic. Perhaps Taehyung did only see him as a brother, and this would ruin everything. But his brain nagged, he kissed you back, he holds you close, he-

Mind blanked, and his breath left him  when suddenly Taehyung's face was in front of his, their lips ghosting together once more. Jungkook could feel hot breaths fanning his already bitten lip. Jungkook suspected his brain might start malfunctioning, the hypothesis confirmed when Taehyung smirked. He nearly fainted.

"Well that's a relief," finally he spoke, leaving Jungkook to frown, giving a look that imitated a lost puppy.

"What -"

"I love you too, idiot." He couldn't help but coo at Jungkook's gaping expression, fingers tracing his lips as he continued to smirk. Upon deciding he'd had enough fun teasing the boy, he lifted him up and rested him on his lap as they took a seat at the desk. "Jungkook, I don't know how long I've felt this way towards you, awhile I'll say that much. Ever since you smiled at me in the music rooms and those compliments you gave at that party, I've felt a feeling towards you that I had never experienced. You knew, didn't you?" Jungkook smiled softly, giving a small nod as he reminisced.

"You get flustered so easily Taehyungie." Taehyung chuckled, pinching Jungkook's glowing ears.

"Seems I'm not the only one." The nervous wreck of a boy lifted his head, staring into Taehyung's eyes. He didn't know what to say, mesmerised by the sight, yet scared of what would happen now.

"Taehyung." The aforementioned hummed, tracing fingers across the younger's scalp, which made him shiver.

"I don't understand this... I don't understand why you make me feel this way. You make me feel euphoria at times, but I can't explain why..." he didn't expect the other to chuckle, nor for him to kiss his cheek. The act calling a new wave of overwhelming feelings.

"Jeon Jungkook, the boy who cannot find sense in something if it is not logical. Does this need to have an explanation? Does this need to be a rational act? Or can it simply be what it is. Are my eyes logical? Is any of this?" He hated that it made sense. He hated that something so illogical could be so logically. It was hurting his head.

"I get perfect scores in basically every subject and a simple sentence that comes from your mouth can send me brain dead. What are you doing to me?" Jungkook whined, kissing the tip of Taehyung's nose as he breathed out. Chills rushed down his spine when Taehyung's lips pressed to his ear, before whispering,

"It's snowing." Looking out the window, there was indeed a light snowfall outside. A strange sight for a late spring day. It was a beautiful sight and he was even more astounded at the fact that he'd created it.

"I'm becoming suspicious of this curse of yours. It creates more beauty than a curse should."

"Back to the logical sides of things... What am I going to do with you?"
__________