[9] orange

"Hmm, maybe a little bit jungkook, but I see no wrong in that."

Jungkook's face heated up, as Taehyung pronounced his name with the blissful pitch of his voice. He wasn't sure how long he could stand in front of his undeniable crush before he turned into a sorry mess. Bowing quickly, he rushed to leave the now unnaturally humid room.

Taehyung watched the flustered boy gather up his things. a cherry blush evident on his face. Taehyung found him adorable, the way he'd stutter when he was nervous, or when he'd bashfully answer a question precisely. He was so modest, yet from what Taehyung had seen of him out of class, quite charismatic.

Taehyung knew Jungkook took an interest in him. Simply from the way he spoke, to his uninvited compliments. Now he was apparently asking questions.

Taehyung watched him walk, his small quick steps, that made soft scuffling noises along the ground. Usually one of Taehyung's pet peeves, but at that current moment, he didn't mind.

__________

"You can't date a 15 year old." Taehyung nearly choked on his food, at the sudden statement from his best friend, for the two had previously been sitting in silence after Jimin had tried to bring up the events that had unfolded in their class. But Taehyubg had snapped at him, leaving an awkward silence.

That silence now broken as Taehyung coughed up the chunk of food lodged in his throat as he turned to glare at Jimin who was leaning back on his chair with a smug grin.

"What the hell are you on about?" Taehyung replied after he was confident the daggers he'd been glaring were sufficiently lodged into his best friends head. Jimin, clearly unfazed, shrugged.

"Just pointing it out. He's two years younger than you so it'd be weird for a start. Not to mention the fact that you'll never live it down, even after you graduate. He's a child." Taehyung clenched his jaw, trying his best not to lash out.

"What makes you think i'd even want to date him?" Taehyung added daringly, trying to smother his embarassment with nonchalance. Another shrug,

"Because, Tae, you can speak perfectly fine with him. You smile like an idiot every time he does something even barely amusing. I've never seen you so happy over something so little." Taehyung hummed in a disapproving manner, sipping from his juice which made him feel sick any time he tasted it. But to avoid the topic around his lack of eating, Taehyung unwillingly partook it.

"I don't have a thing for him, Jimin ... He is just easy to talk to I guess.  But I guarantee you won't be seeing me with anyone anytime soon."

"Sure sure, we'll see how long that rotten lie stays true." Before Taehyung could get an additional word in, his best friend had already made his way half way across the cafeteria, shooting at the bin to dispose of his remaining rubbish - but missing tremendously. His actions earned a laugh from the basketball team at what they had titled 'the supreme table'.

Jimin spun around so he could saunter backwards, flipping them off as mocked their snickers. Then he vanished around the corner, leaving Taehyung to chase after him.