[29] need

Everyone that surrounded Jungkook in the following days felt the shift. When they'd tried to engage in conversation, but everytime it would result in some bitter or rude remark that led to him being sent to his room. They called him irritable, arrogant and moody. Told him to have some respect.

He wasn't irritable, he wasn't arrogant, there was something wrong with him though.

He was scared.

He was worried.

He felt alone.

Hoseok went to catch up with friends. leaving him to sit at home after being scolded for rolling his eyes. He couldn't stop sinking inside his mind, trapped in repeating over and over the event that he'd heard over the phone. Every time someone spoke to him, it's like their voice became that spine chilling man that threatened him over the phone.

He wanted to blurt it all out to them, wanted to make sure that person he'd heard so harshly breathing was okay. The person who had violated his trust, but he was now so frightened for. But he was afraid that the man would find him, track his phone, climb through his window and kill him. So he didn't say a word.

__________

If he hadn't already been in a foul mood, what he was met with when Hoseok managed to drag him to school on the Monday made him want to throw himself onto the train tracks.

When he approached his locker, the surface had been plastered with collages of him. There were pictures of him, clad in white and purple, face drenched in snot and tears as he clung onto Jimin. The photos were printed across his locker, notes of 'crybaby' 'maniac' and 'psychopath' stuck on top. Some people sent him glares as he passed them, whispering things to eachother. The one that truly made him break was one someone had taken of him, passed out on a couch, devil features drawn over his face.

He just wanted to lock himself away from the world, not even attempting to open his locker as he sprinted through the crowds of people, not caring who he knocked over as he ran for the bathrooms.

__________

"Aww look who it is, cry baby is back at school." Jungkook yelped when a stranger slotted in beside him at the bathroom sink. They pressed uncomfortably close, reaching over to use the sink Jungkook had been using to clean his face. "You were crazy you know. Should've seen your eyes. They were hysterical, I'm surprised you didn't kill the poor bastard," Jungkook shook his head, turning away from the basin as he wiped his hands on his pants, fingers dragging up to tighten on his bag as he backed towards the exit.

"I didn't mean it," he whispered softly through a broken choke of words as he tried not to cry more.

"Oh well that makes it all better now doesn't it! No harm done if the maniac didn't mean to break Jimin's arm." The stranger responded sarcastically, swivelling around to face Jungkook as he frantically grabbed for the door handle.

Jungkook was on the brink of tears as he fumbled to yank the door open, eventually managing to slip through as he bolted, trying his best not to bump into people without raising his head.

__________

His swollen cheeks were impossible to hide. Red, scratched, puffy eyes and tear stains that just would not wash away.

What had he done to deserve hell? Was it his irresponsibility that left him to be cursed by the world? But he didn't deserve it, he knew he didn't. It wasn't vanity or self pride, it was simple logic.

His knuckles had turned to a pastel white, squeezing his phone in attempt to draw out some of his anger and sorrow. It didn't help, he just felt even worse, thinking about the phone call. His head was in ruins and heart long torn down to pieces, only held together by one thread. Though even that thread was tugging slowly against him. It wanted to leave him.