[final] teal

[three years later]

"Why do you worry so much about what you're going to wear?" Hoseok mocked with a whiny and high pitched voice. With a ridiculously bright grin on his face, he watched his younger brother dashing frantically around the room in search of a very special item. Silently screaming at himself, Jungkook's fingers pulled at his hair and tore up every surface of his bedroom.

"My shirt! Where is it?!" A simple shrug was all that he got from his brother who stood with his hands behind his back. The nonchalance of this act brought the fuming gaze of the eighteen year old onto him. Already deep within his mental crisis over what he was going to wear to his graduation ceremony. "You are the worst brother ever! All I asked was for you to get me that fucking shirt and you haven't got a clue where it is!"

"Drama queen..." Hoseok muttered beneath his breath, pulling the desired dress shirt from behind his back and heaving it at the younger's head. It landed on the boy, silencing him as he stood frozen trying to comprehend what had just happened. Then he ripped the garment off of his face, staring down at it.

"I hate you," he grumbled, pulling off his white shirt and slipping on the multi-coloured dress shirt made specifically for the occasion, his dad having specially designed it for him. The first few years of learning his dad was a clothing designer had been quite boring; Jungkook had found no interest in it. But now he liked that he could adorn his outfits with his father's special talents, then have people gushing over the pieces he could proudly say were one of a kind.

"Ooo, you've been working out, Kookie. Who you trying to impress?" Hoseok teased in accusation, raising an eyebrow that earnt a glare from his now taller brother. Trust the youngest to get the height genes...

"No one! I just wanted to go to the gym... Now get out so I can change in peace!" This time there was no more arguing, because Hoseok knew if he pushed further the boy would have a major meltdown and would probably end up in tears. Even with the years of processing and his more confident behaviour, that sensitivity would always be there, it was a part of him that would remain through his life. A part that Hoseok would never take for granted.

__________

"Are you nervous, Kookie?" Hoseok asked as the two left the car, watching his brother constantly fixing his hair as he looked around anxiously.

"Not particularly nervous... but definitely on edge..." he chuckled, dragging Jungkook by the wrist to lead them inside. They found their table number and were met with the sincere smile of both boy's father and the loving face of their mother. Both just as proud as any other parent was at the ceremony.

"You look nice. The pastel colours suit you," their father complimented, gesturing to the clothing item he'd created.

[outfit inspiration]

"Only because of you," Jungkook responded as he hugged the older man tight before taking a seat beside him. Immediately he began looking towards the door, chewing on his lip whilst he waited. He only turned back when a hand rested on his own.